Patriots sign DL Henry Anderson on a 2-year deal

Crimmage

15 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I'm surprised they didn't take the younger and probably cheaper version of Henry Anderson in Morgan Fox. Granted, he was in the AFC East before, (Anderson), and is more of a veteran leader.

I don't think Fox and Henry are anything alike. Fox is a DE/undersized DT (iirc he lined up inside with the Rams sometimes); Anderson is much heavier, longer and athletic enough to play multiple positions, besides his base 5T. He had a very good season a year or two ago, hope he can contribute here as well.

8 minutes ago, LD696 said:

I don't think Fox and Henry are anything alike. Fox is a DE/undersized DT (iirc he lined up inside with the Rams sometimes); Anderson is much heavier, longer and athletic enough to play multiple positions, besides his base 5T. He had a very good season a year or two ago, hope he can contribute here as well.

A couple seasons ago Anderson was a decent pass rusher. That is the type of impact I am looking for. As a run defender Anderson is bigger and longer and overall better but Fox uses his athleticism to compensate there more than you might think. I like the potential and value in Fox. Fox's level of production is similar to Anderson's with the Colts and early on with the Jets which is the projection I am making when I mention value and potential.

20 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Love Anderson. The defensive moves here are amazing. They are shoring up a leaking run defense with solid to spectacular run defenders to pair with a strong secondary. 

I also like to add Byron Cowart has another year of experience and will be more effective with (size) help.  I really like his game.

I was worried based on the Davon Godchaux, Nelson Agholor, and Jalen Mills contracts that this would be something closer to 6+ mill a year and as much as 10 mill per year.

I am glad it is a 2 year 7 mill total contract. At 3.5 per this is a great signing much like the Bourne deal.