Bud Dupree signs with Titans

Bud has been really good the last two years, but he was average at best until Watt showed up, and he had a great DLine in front of him.

If the Titans have other quality talent in their front 7, Dupree should be a nice piece.   Just dobt expect him to be a transformative piece.

Biggest question is how his knee injury will affect his speed.

All the best to Bud.   Didnt like him early on, but he was a great complimentary piece next to Watt.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Says the guy eying a 3rd round comp pick

Um... I didn't say anything about a 3rd round pick. Yes we will get one but be deserved that deal.

43 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Um... I didn't say anything about a 3rd round pick. Yes we will get one but be deserved that deal.

Im happy for Bud, but wouldnt necessarily say he deserved THAT much.    I can only imagine how much TJ will cost, now.

15 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Who will they have opposite Dupree as far as a pass rusher?      That could be a huge determining factor in how effective Bud is.

14 minutes ago, 43M said:

Who will they have opposite Dupree as far as a pass rusher?      That could be a huge determining factor in how effective Bud is.

Harold Landry

I like Bud but I’m not so sure he’s worth that. He really showed a lot of improvement the last 2 years. I don’t entirely trust it though, especially factoring in the ACL injury.

3 hours ago, 43M said:

Bud has been really good the last two years, but he was average at best until Watt showed up, and he had a great DLine in front of him.

If the Titans have other quality talent in their front 7, Dupree should be a nice piece.   Just dobt expect him to be a transformative piece.

All the best to Bud.   Didnt like him early on, but he was a great complimentary piece next to Watt.

This is kind of how I've always seen Dupree, as well. And it's exactly what makes this such a horrible deal. $16M is the kind of money you give to your primary guy. The Titans needed to add THE guy. And instead, they gave that money to a guy who needs to be the complementary piece.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, 43M said:

52 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

This is kind of how I've always seen Dupree, as well. And it's exactly what makes this such a horrible deal. $16M is the kind of money you give to your primary guy. The Titans needed to add THE guy. And instead, they gave that money to a guy who needs to be the complementary piece.

Yeah, he's a very solid overall player in every aspect of the game but he's not elite in any particular skillset, IMO.

Over the years I've compared him to Leonard Floyd.  Floyd was also average the first couple years and his play picked up when he played opposite of Mack and Hicks. He was never the elite pass rusher we drafted him to be (got alot of pressure but had trouble finishing), but he was pretty solid in all areas and a reliable player to boot. And then he signed a 1/10M contract with the Rams to play with AD and he had the best season of his career to date.

Both players will be truly tested now since neither are no longer playing with 3 of some of the best pass rushers in the league.

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I don't know the full details of the contract yet, but Duprees' contract looks similar to the one Chandler Jones signed 4 years ago when he was also 27 years old (aside from the 18M difference in guarantees).  

JMO, but I looked at Jones as being worthy of getting paid 16/yr at the time and I can't say the same for Dupree or Floyd, and that was 4 years ago.

Chandler Jones signed a five year, $82.5 million contract with the Cardinals on March 11, 2017. Jones received $53 million in guarantees, $22 million of which is guaranteed at signing.

https://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-cardinals/post/_/id/24987/breaking-down-chandler-jones-contract

https://overthecap.com/player/chandler-jones/1206/

• Like 2