Jets sign EDGE Carl Lawson

Bianconero

First legitimate Edge Rusher in 15 years. Now if Jubari could only awaken from last years debacle of a rookie year. Very good signing, the Jets just got a great deal faster up front. Double teaming Q is going to be a thing of the past. The Jets are building a fast defense ala Saleh. The signings are not going to be headliners but are going to be scheme specific.

Stick to the plan, build a winner through the draft. The Jets are not pressed to draft a WR high or E.R., but we could see the Jets go CB/OLB in the late first or second round. 

I suspect that the Jets will address the OL no later than the third round in a deep draft at OL as well as OLB/CB.

Either way, the Jets will be a decidedly different unit come 2021 and we can look forward to 2022's draft capitol if Watson stays in Houston.

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think Q is going to be a beast in this D. I think Q can hot 10 plus sacks and really push the pocket. 

I agree, but I do feel like Lawson would shock everyone and beat him to 10 sacks. The addition of Rankins will benefit both QW & Lawson. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Lawson is the 25th highest paid edge rusher. And IMO he's a top 15-20 edge talent. So he is a steal. He I think gets to 10+ sacks the next few years for us with Q and Rankins in the middle to give him 1 on 1s. 

To be honest, I don’t worry about the sacks. I just want enough pressure put on he QB to force him into mistakes and throwing before he wants to.  But, yeah, Lawson and Q will be talked about as 1st team AP’s.  I am not sure if they will get double digit sacks, but the until as a whole should be up there in sacks. The only downfall to superlative stats will be our CB’s. I think QB’s will feast on the short passing game and methodically march down the field where the short field should work in our favor.