[PFF] Marshon Lattimore looks elite already

Spartica4Real

When you have a good defense you can get away with not throwing 50 times a game.  Brees hasn't needed to throw over 300 yards last three games.  We need Brees to throw when we get into shootouts, which is basically every game the past three years.  You can't expect to have a good record being in a shootout every game with the worst defense in the NFL and an aging QB.  The Pats have the GOAT at QB and they're still struggling to win games with such a crap defense.

We still need to do a better job playcalling also as it tends at get terrible for stretches of games.

15 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

When you have a good defense you can get away with not throwing 50 times a game.  Brees hasn't needed to throw over 300 yards last three games.  We need Brees to throw when we get into shootouts, which is basically every game the past three years.  You can't expect to have a good record being in a shootout every game with the worst defense in the NFL and an aging QB.  The Pats have the GOAT at QB and they're still struggling to win games with such a crap defense.

We still need to do a better job playcalling also as it tends at get terrible for stretches of games.

For everyone in the media that put Brady so high above Brees... Lets see how the ? does this year with a crap defense. Lets ses how much better than 7-9 he is.

8 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

For everyone in the media that put Brady so high above Brees... Lets see how the ? does this year with a crap defense. Lets ses how much better than 7-9 he is.

Well Brady is better than Brees(IMO), and I also believe the Pats have more weapons, even with Edelman hurt, so I don't think they'll go 7-9.  But there's no question in my mind that the Pats would have anywhere near the same success with the defense the Saints have had.  Brees has done more with this team than just about anyone not named Brady or Rodgers would have done,  and I also seriously question how much better Rodgers would have done, as conservative a QB as he is.

As much as everyone talks about Rodgers being head and shoulders above Brees, they've both won the same number of Super Bowls, and Brees did it without the number 1 defense.

51 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Patriots have a little bit of help with having a mediocre conference to get games in.  The Saints not only have had to deal with a crap defense but at least 2-3 teams in their division looking like 8-8 to 15-1 teams every year.  Whatever their record ends up being, swap 2 wins with losses and you'd get a more comparative records as I think the Saints could've won the AFC East the past 3 years if you swaped NE and New Orleans.

16 minutes ago, Raves said:

Patriots have a little bit of help with having a mediocre conference to get games in.  The Saints not only have had to deal with a crap defense but at least 2-3 teams in their division looking like 8-8 to 15-1 teams every year.  Whatever their record ends up being, swap 2 wins with losses and you'd get a more comparative records as I think the Saints could've won the AFC East the past 3 years if you swaped NE and New Orleans.

Yea, that's another thing, the AFC east has generally been much worse than NFC South.  NFC South has sent all four teams to the Super Bowl within the last 15 years, and two of them have gone twice and two of them have won it.

2 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

It's not so cut and dry, with the exception of 2014 (lol) the NFC South has been a great division and we were good enough to go 7-9 in it. And even though the Jets and Dolphins are both .500 or above I think they're both false flags and their record will show that soon. Also no one in the world would say Payton's a better coach than BB so that helps Brady too. They'll go like 10-6 (unless they fix their defense which is possible).

On 10/16/2017 at 10:35 PM, Spartica4Real said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-cb-marshon-lattimore-looks-elite-already

Even if you don't like PFF or their ratings, the stats themselves are interesting and worth a look anyways. We got ourselves an elite corner boys. This defense when Breaux comes back... mmm.. 

Has anybody noticed that Patrick Robinson is the #2 corner in the league? :o

*Not trying to spark a negative debate since this is a positive thread lol

5 minutes ago, BossierWhoDat said:

I saw that stat pop up the other day on NFL Network I think. I had to do a double take and read his name twice, and then do a /facepalm. 

You're welcome Eagles. Jenkins and PRob. Saints have supplied you with half your elite secondary.

15 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

I saw that stat pop up the other day on NFL Network I think. I had to do a double take and read his name twice, and then do a /facepalm. 

You're welcome Eagles. Jenkins and PRob. Saints have supplied you with half your elite secondary.

Yea, same here.

And on top of that, I saw Jenkins representing the Player's Union at the league meeting the other day. Sure wish he could've blossomed here instead of Philly.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:35 PM, Spartica4Real said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-cb-marshon-lattimore-looks-elite-already

Even if you don't like PFF or their ratings, the stats themselves are interesting and worth a look anyways. We got ourselves an elite corner boys. This defense when Breaux comes back... mmm.. 

The entire defense looks good.

1 hour ago, BossierWhoDat said:

PRob always had the talent but coming out he was very raw, everyone knew that.  He just didn't get the coachign to develop here.

One thing I didn't like is Lattimore jogging on Tates TD. He's faaast, he could've got there and done something. He kept jogging, just picking up the pace with each broken tackle.

RUN DUDE! 

Same problem I see with Vaccaro sometimes....

16 hours ago, BossierWhoDat said:

Yeah he was a 1st round pick for a reason, he has always had talent. However, it will be interesting to see if he can maintain this level of play throughout the entire season. Hard to be upset about letting him go now that we have Lattimore, Crawley, and Breaux

Archived