Ryan Fitzpatrick signs a one year deal

lavar703

52 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Man, I hope Fitz tears up so I can bump this thread for a feast of crow.

I have no doubt Fitz will play well at times & maybe most of the year but he’s still a bridge to nowhere. I seriously doubt we win a playoff game with him as our QB so at best we are going to basically be in the same position we are now next offseason.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2021 at 3:15 PM, lavar703 said:

I will never like this signing. The idea that this somehow makes us the favorites over Dallas is laughable. Our defense will have to keep us in games as Fitz throws stupid interception. I really have no idea how this is any different from Rex Grossman? The level of praise being heaped upon this move is mind boggling to me. Good QBs don’t play for 9 times in their career. 

If nothing else, it will not be boring.

3 hours ago, Woz said:

If nothing else, it will not be boring.

It also means we are condensing Shanahan Year 1 and Year 2 together.  Once the experiment with the over-the-hill veteran fails, we will move onto the backup duo who aren't gonna be nearly as good as we think.  

Hopefully we will be bad enough that we won't have to mortgage our picks for the next RGIII.  If we do that, we might as well have gone in on Watson this year.  

In any event........time is a flat circle as a fan of this franchise.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It also means we are condensing Shanahan Year 1 and Year 2 together.  Once the experiment with the over-the-hill veteran fails, we will move onto the backup duo who aren't gonna be nearly as good as we think.  

Oh I get that. It's why as I have said Fitzpatrick was my last choice for FA QBs. No matter what you think of a Trubisky, Mariota, or Winston, there's a possibility of upside with those guys. Going with a Bortles would have been just a place holder in case the younger guys both crap out (Bortles would likely cause lots of losses to put Washington into position for the 2022 draft).

Fitzpatrick gives you no upside long term, probably will cost you a game or two that will put you out of the playoffs, but play well enough to keep you out of position for finding the next QB or allowing the team to evaluate Heinicke and Allen fully.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Hopefully we will be bad enough that we won't have to mortgage our picks for the next RGIII.  If we do that, we might as well have gone in on Watson this year. 

Only if we have an owner who falls in love with certain players and overrides his football people to get that person.

oh **** ...

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 11:44 PM, Woz said:

Oh I get that. It's why as I have said Fitzpatrick was my last choice for FA QBs. No matter what you think of a Trubisky, Mariota, or Winston, there's a possibility of upside with those guys. Going with a Bortles would have been just a place holder in case the younger guys both crap out (Bortles would likely cause lots of losses to put Washington into position for the 2022 draft).

Fitzpatrick gives you no upside long term, probably will cost you a game or two that will put you out of the playoffs, but play well enough to keep you out of position for finding the next QB or allowing the team to evaluate Heinicke and Allen fully.

Only if we have an owner who falls in love with certain players and overrides his football people to get that person.

oh **** ...

I bet you it will be worse now that he owns the entirety of the team. 

On 3/28/2021 at 10:47 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

I bet you it will be worse now that he owns the entirety of the team. 

So, I just ordered and ate from a brand new Chinese restaurant, more or less sight unseen beyond a couple of reviews. My wife (out of town) is worried I would get food poisoning.

How I am supposed to differentiate the vomit in my mouth from the food or this statement?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

So, I just ordered and ate from a brand new Chinese restaurant, more or less sight unseen beyond a couple of reviews. My wife (out of town) is worried I would get food poisoning.

How I am supposed to differentiate the vomit in my mouth from the food or this statement?

Let us know in a few hours how that works out did ya. 😂