Build The Board - # 4

Texas_OutLaw7

Who is the highest ranking 1st round on the Dallas Cowboys Big Board   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who is #4?

• No additional 1st round talent remains, move onto round 2.
    • QB - Z. Wilson, BYU
    • QB - J. Fields, Ohio State
    • QB - T. Lance, North Dakota State
    • RB - N. Harris, Alabama
    • RB - T. Etienne, Clemson
    • WR - D. Smith, Alabama
    • WR - J. Chase, LSU
    • WR - J. Waddle, Alabama
    • OL - R. Slater, Northwestern
    • OL - C. Darrisaw, Virginia Tech
    • OL - A. Vera-Tucker, USC
    • DL - C. Barmore, Alabama
    • LB - M. Parsons, Penn State
    • LB - J. Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame
    • CB - J. Horn, Soth Carolina
    • CB - P. Surtain, Alabama
    • CB - J. Horn, Soth Carolina
    • S - T Moehring, TCU

Almost every talent evaluator brings up his insane AVG per catch. Gallup for the past 3 years has had the Cowboys highest AVG. Does that mean Gallup is more dynamic than Coop an Lamb?? 

To me when it comes to making a draft selection I'd always take the safer route especially when there are plenty of holes to fill. I'm not one to gamble unless I know I'm ina situation where its viable. It comes down to who's more pro ready right now. For me its Smith. If I had to line up Waddle or Smith to get a first down with press coverage, no time to throw. Whom would I trust to get that first down? I'd say Smith. An to me that makes him more dynamic. To each their own I guess. 

1 hour ago, buddy_z34 said:

Almost every talent evaluator brings up his insane AVG per catch. Gallup for the past 3 years has had the Cowboys highest AVG. Does that mean Gallup is more dynamic than Coop an Lamb?? 

To me when it comes to making a draft selection I'd always take the safer route especially when there are plenty of holes to fill. I'm not one to gamble unless I know I'm ina situation where its viable. It comes down to who's more pro ready right now. For me its Smith. If I had to line up Waddle or Smith to get a first down with press coverage, no time to throw. Whom would I trust to get that first down? I'd say Smith. An to me that makes him more dynamic. To each their own I guess. 

I understand what you are saying, I just don't think your definition of dynamic matches mine. Which is fine, I'm not here to debate on semantics. 

I do think you are right to a point. Smith is probably going to be a really good #1 receiver that you could build an offense around. And if I was starting a team fresh, I may lean towards Smith, for that reason.

But as a complimentary piece, I don't know that it gets any better than Waddle. His speed and ability after the catch is just so ridiculous. He can open up everything on your offense. If you have Dak, Zeke, Amari, CeeDee, Jarwin, and a good OL, he makes every single play a total powder keg. If you are the Giants, and you need to make your offense just functional, then perhaps I'd favor Smith.

But I do think Waddle is a very safe prospect. Just a total stud. This guy is not Henry Ruggs.