Patriots sign Hunter Henry; 3 year, $37.5M

pwny

2 minutes ago, RabidPanther89 said:

He had Olsen and Jeremy Shockey his rookie year. Just one year but that was with Chudzisnki. They threw all over the field that year. Not saying this will make Cam and the Pats offense explode. But if they are giving Cam another go then this is the best way to do it. Agholor is a deep threat similar to Ted Ginn but better. I'd be interested to see how they do this year.

Jeremy Shockey was kind of a shell of himself by the time he got to Carolina

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, August4th said:

TE group went from worse to best in the NFL

Two of the top 5 in the NFL.

46 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Yeah we really shouldn't draft any skill players

Ya think!

44 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

My guess is BB knows his time coaching is almost over and needs to go all in now. I fully expect them to trade into the top 10 for a QB go all in.

Yep. This is part of it. Also the whole Gronk retirement and then SB win really went up Bill's butt. Also Bob Kraft probably told Bill to win NOW.

36 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Read my other post above^^

I just think I could have spent this money better on different weapons 

Same, agreed.

32 minutes ago, TJM217 said:

Actually I think it's the opposite. Controversial opinion here but Jonnu is an over rated receiver. He's actually a good blocker tho. Henry is way better on the move.

This is your opinion. My opinion is the opposite. Smith is an underutilized receiver with a lot of athleticism and catching instincts.

27 minutes ago, TomRalph said:

It's only the 2nd day of FA.

Who's to say a trade for Tom Brady isn't in the works? 

Make it happen Kraft!

24 minutes ago, pwny said:

BB realized he can’t ever win a real title again, so he’s setting his eyes on the coveted Offseason Champs moniker. 

It's sad.

24 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

He’s not worth that but I’m happy for him. He’s solid but not dynamic at all anymore.

Henry isn't worth that much alone but with Jonnu Smith there to help ease the load and take attention? Yeah, it is more worth it.

23 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I've seen Jonnu 2x a season - I think he's similar to Evan Engram in his routes, has unique speed and quickness in his routes. 

I think with the right offense, he's an 80/1,100 guy.

Agreed.

9 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

I don’t have an issue in principle with what the Pats are doing. 

I do have an issue with the player quality for the money they’re spending. Not necessarily with Henry, but the other pickups

Agreed. I like Smith and Judon and Bourne. The others were hasty but I won't be mad if it somehow leads to success.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I guess the Pats realize their GM hasn t been good at drafting for awhile.  🤔

Belichick can draft, but after the failures of Harry/Asiasi/Keene, he's done relying on unpredictable draft picks to fill the void.

Not sure why people are having such a hard time seeing the benefits of multiple TEs in a power running offense with Cam at QB.

Need to stop looking at this through the scope of Brady-Gronk-Hernandez.

Edited by Nex_Gen
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

So much for Henry wanting to play with a good QB lol

None of this makes sense

Henry & Judon are good signings but the rest is just bad (Jonnu is good too but a bit of an overpay)

Unless they are going to trade their entire draft plus some next year and beyond for Wilson or Watson , idk what they are doing 

If it was my team I'd be scratching my head

Take the agholor & Bourne money and sign Golladay  take the jonnu money and sign Samuel

Immediately that offense could be powerful

This just feels like desperation 

I have a feeling it won't work out unless they get a different QB

Rent free

Salty GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 minute ago, Nex_Gen said:

I don't come around enough to like anyone here. Even then, it's easy to see you're just here to troll on anything Patriots related. 

Thats bs 

I've posted some good stuff on how I think the Pats could have gotten better quality FAs with the money they are spending 

Its just criticism,  I've criticized my teams dumbass moves for years

I'm sorry that you guys aren't used to criticism because you've been great for so long BUT NOW some of these moves DESERVE a healthy dose of criticism 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Hmm. Guess Jonnu is the move TE like Hernandez and Henry is the in line TE like Gronk.

Not sure if I like this for New England. 

Look at the picture overall. NA deep threat, other WR play ( short routes) under. TE work the middle. Now you have the running game with no 8 man fronts. You have to cover NA over the top, think Willie Gault. I don't look at individual WR, i look at the overall unit and how their skills  work as a group in the offensive scheme.

Now BB can go after any QB he wants.