Patriots sign Hunter Henry; 3 year, $37.5M

pwny

4 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Now BB can go after any QB he wants.

This part is the issue. "Any" QB and "Good" QB aren't interchangeable. 

This all works with a top end QB, sure. But, with the money spent on those pass catchers? The Pats can't afford to draft a Daniel Jones or Dwayne Haskins. Landing the right QB is everything now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Mac Jones, I would assume.

Yes. 

Hunter Henry is the latest short yardage pass catcher (ADoT:33rd among TEs) to join the Patriots, along with Jonnu Smith (77th), Kendrick Bourne (131st among WRs), Jacobi Meyers (104th), Julian Edelman (127th) and Damiere Byrd (82nd).  Aside from lowering the degree of difficulty for the new pivot, this confirms Belichick will be looking for a quick strike Brady-esque pocket passer rather than a more mobile bomber such as Trey Lance (whose considerable talents could be golden in, say, Denver).  Aside from San Francisco, the Patriots are the only QB-needy team that has the O-Line to cover for Mac's lack of mobility while benefiting from his intelligence and accuracy--the first two traits BB looks for in a QB.  Pick #12 could be a tense moment;  the options after Jones are a scary lot.

Edited by Dr A W Niloc

30 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

posted some good stuff on how I think the Pats could have gotten better quality

Ya I have seen your good stuff!!!! 

100mil for a WR to a team that's built to RUN THE BALL. You need a guy to stretch the field, I would get Nelson Agholor  Oh wait they did for milions less !!! GMAFB. Any team that spend money on a high price WR is a fool !!!! Give a diva a 100m, ya that will work out. Matter of fact i can't recall any high price WR FA that change the fortunes of the team they signed with.

34 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This part is the issue. "Any" QB and "Good" QB aren't interchangeable. 

This all works with a top end QB, sure. But, with the money spent on those pass catchers? The Pats can't afford to draft a Daniel Jones or Dwayne Haskins. Landing the right QB is everything now.

I said the same thing about the Chiefs. Than they turn around and sign Thuney.  I can't find it but I read after 1st day signing they still have money to spend like 30M. I read that before Hunter signing. 

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

Dang this hurts a lot. I wanted us to bring him back. His injury history was the only thing that made me uncertain about him. Last year was the first time he played a full season.

I stand corrected. He only played 14 games last season. The most games he has played was 15 during his rookie season.

14 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Not sure why the Patriots are getting dunked on for building what’s actually a pretty loaded offence? 

if they get a rookie QB that offence now is an incredibly safe spot for them to develop...

Loaded is a bit of a stretch. Spent a lot of money on very average WRs, Henry is nice when healthy, and Smith is a fringe Top 10 guy. Its an improvement, but thats not loaded

Edited by smetana34

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills better find a way to cover TEs 

Actually few teams can cover two good TE's. My Raiders have struggled for decades to cover 1!!! Bill's got a plan and I'd say they are playoff bound even with Cam. Watch BB draft a 6th round QB who gets playing time when Cam's hurt...

1 hour ago, Nex_Gen said:

Not sure why people are having such a hard time seeing the benefits of multiple TEs in a power running offense with Cam at QB.

Need to stop looking at this through the scope of Brady-Gronk-Hernandez.

Are either of those TE's good at blocking?