Ravens re-sign OLB Tyus Bowser (4 years, $22M, $12M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

Everyone knows I don’t like Bowser, but for this price point, how could I complain?

Some people were throwing out ~9ish a year at the beginning of this season before the reduced cap and him not exploding like many thought he would, so to get him at ~5ish per is A-OK with me

• Like 1

Meh. 

Position of need and retaining a guy familiar with the system is good. Bowser has been “just a guy” his entire career so far though so I’d like to see him take some more steps in his development and playmaking. Seems like a cheap deal though so I’ll take it.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

Yeah this is pretty much how i’m approaching/looking him at this point. He isn’t an “edge” in that he gives us virtually nothing in the PR department and he’s just kinda eh in stopping the run but he’s a top-ish tier offball/ coverage linebacker at this point in his career and i’ll take that for 5 a year.

2 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'm happy about this signing. Bowser, Ferg, and McPhee make a functional OLB corps. We still need to add to it, but its a good foundation. 

Doc Rivers Reaction GIF

In all seriousness though I expect another EDGE in FA and one in the first 3 rounds to round out the group.

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Does the pro Bowser crowd at least acknowledge that so far strictly as a pass rusher he hasn’t been in the same universe as Judon? Honestly wondering because I’ve always been very baffled by the Bowser love and Judon hatred on here.

How Judon is public enemy number one and Bowser and Ngakoue were Pined for will always mystify me. Judon was a dawg here for years and those two were Houdinis.

this signing sits fine with me but it’s a confusing dynamic for sure

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

6 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Does the pro Bowser crowd at least acknowledge that so far strictly as a pass rusher he hasn’t been in the same universe as Judon? Honestly wondering because I’ve always been very baffled by the Bowser love and Judon hatred on here.

Judon's the better player (and better pass rusher, to answer your question), and if it was a straight choice between either of them for 5m a year I'd pick Judon. But in this situation I like bringing Bowser back over Judon because they're both complimentary pieces and only one of them is being paid like it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Doc Rivers Reaction GIF

In all seriousness though I expect another EDGE in FA and one in the first 3 rounds to round out the group.

I thought Ferguson played much better last year compared to his rookie year. Don't be surprised if he breaks out in his 3rd year!