Full 7RD Mock. Edits will be made till draft day.

brushmyhair

Just now, BringinDaPain said:

I study our depth chart 365 days a yr been doing it since 1995

You're about to lose Curtis Samuel. I gave you eskridge as a replacement. Okung probably isn't returning, I gave you Walker Little, Gowan is grossly underrated and would be a great addition to your defense, Stills at 6 is a steal and you released Kaawan Short so theres a viable replacement there, and some TE and LB depth with Borland and Angeline never hurts. And of course, The QB position has to be addressed

5 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

We'll see on draft day. I think Atlanta is taking a QB regardless of the restructure

If they do Fontenot might need to be fired before day 2 of the draft because at that point i'll know he's not the right guy for the job nor that smart :)

1 minute ago, FalconFan13 said:

If they do Fontenot might need to be fired before day 2 of the draft because at that point i'll know he's not the right guy for the job nor that smart :)

Well this is your best chance at avoiding QB Purgatory. You pass on a qb, and start winning, and don't win a super bowl, but you are picking in the 20's, thats a good way to be searching for a replacement for years. Imagine what would have happened had for example, the chargers, decided to not take a QB last year and roll with Tyrod. They could either have been picking early, or picking in the mid rounds Mid to late rounds usually leads to QB purgatory. That's where Pittsburgh will be very soon until they get a long term solution. 

2 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

Well this is your best chance at avoiding QB Purgatory. You pass on a qb, and start winning, and don't win a super bowl, but you are picking in the 20's, thats a good way to be searching for a replacement for years. Imagine what would have happened had for example, the chargers, decided to not take a QB last year and roll with Tyrod. They could either have been picking early, or picking in the mid rounds Mid to late rounds usually leads to QB purgatory. That's where Pittsburgh will be very soon until they get a long term solution. 

Sorry but i don't buy into that you have to be into the top 5 to draft a good QB stuff.  You can find quality QB's all throughout the draft and alot of the really good ones starting in the nfl right now went 10th or later. 

10th or later
Rodgers
Watson
Jackson
Carr
Cousins
Brees - Until retirement
Brady
Wilson
Mahommes
Bridgewater
Lock
Hurts - Maybe
Rudolph - Their future possibly

inside the top 10
Ryan
Stafford
Murray
Mayfield
Allen
Hebert
Newton
Tua
Jones
Darnold
Tannehill
Smith
Burrow

Then you got guys who were taken inside top 10 and failed and guys taken outside of top 10 who failed making up the rest of the list of starters or could be starters.

For me that list of guys taken 10th or later is a better group of players than the guys who were taken inside of the top 10 who did well.  10th is not a hard pick to trade up to get compared to the picks inside the top 10.  So for me im taking my chances with better players and finding me a QB ni a few years who fits my scheme perfectly to groom without wasting a top 5 pick on a player who's not even gonna start in 2 or 3 years.

3 hours ago, Snake Plissken said:

With the addition of Tomlinson, Minnesota's biggest needs are on the OL where they need two starters.  So it is highly likely they will draft at least 1 potential starting OL and possibly 2.

I started this draft immediately after the cowboys signed dak so give me a little break here. I'll address it soon

31    1-31    Chiefs    Jalen Mayfield OT
63    2-31    Chiefs    Trey Smith IOL
94    3-30    Chiefs    Cameron McGrone ILB
136    4-31    Chiefs    DJ Daniel CB
144    4-39    Chiefs    Dazz Newsome WR
175    5-31    Chiefs    Bobby Brown DT
181    5-37    Chiefs    Ben Mason FB

You should include positions in your post. After three rounds the names get less familiar to most here. 

I like you basic approach. Retooling the OL is a big priority, but you don't throw the whole draft at it. 

• Mayfield is perfect. He won't start right away, but he ought to be ready by the playoffs. Good value and meets a need.
  • Trey Smith is less great. You will need to see if they re-sign Austin Reiter. If that happens, this becomea a bad pick because of the reach.
  • McGrone is like Mayfield, good value and meets a need. Excellent.
  • Daniel is questionable, since they signed DeAndre Baker months ago. Sneed is an emerging stud, Ward was tendered, they still have Fenton which makes it four deep. Caden Stearns and Kenny Yeboah both fill needs.
  • Newsome is good, though you should have him at #136.  
  • Brown is another dubious pick. They are well set at 1-tech and downright deep at 3-tech.
  • Mason I like. He's an outside of the box pick, but their FB did retire. The other way to go is someone like Tommy Tremble

J

On 3/20/2021 at 1:35 PM, SBLIII said:

I don't like this Patriots draft at all, to be honest. Rousseau would be a nightmare pick followed by Trask.

I'm sure there are plenty of Patriots drafts you weren't to thrilled about, but don't you guys always say in Bill We Trust?

On 3/19/2021 at 8:10 AM, onejayhawk said:

31    1-31    Chiefs    Jalen Mayfield OT
63    2-31    Chiefs    Trey Smith IOL
94    3-30    Chiefs    Cameron McGrone ILB
136    4-31    Chiefs    DJ Daniel CB
144    4-39    Chiefs    Dazz Newsome WR
175    5-31    Chiefs    Bobby Brown DT
181    5-37    Chiefs    Ben Mason FB

You should include positions in your post. After three rounds the names get less familiar to most here. 

I like you basic approach. Retooling the OL is a big priority, but you don't throw the whole draft at it. 

• Mayfield is perfect. He won't start right away, but he ought to be ready by the playoffs. Good value and meets a need.
  • Trey Smith is less great. You will need to see if they re-sign Austin Reiter. If that happens, this becomea a bad pick because of the reach.
  • McGrone is like Mayfield, good value and meets a need. Excellent.
  • Daniel is questionable, since they signed DeAndre Baker months ago. Sneed is an emerging stud, Ward was tendered, they still have Fenton which makes it four deep. Caden Stearns and Kenny Yeboah both fill needs.
  • Newsome is good, though you should have him at #136.  
  • Brown is another dubious pick. They are well set at 1-tech and downright deep at 3-tech.
  • Mason I like. He's an outside of the box pick, but their FB did retire. The other way to go is someone like Tommy Tremble

J

I didn't realize until I finished how Michigan heavy the Chiefs draft was

10 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

I'm sure there are plenty of Patriots drafts you weren't to thrilled about, but don't you guys always say in Bill We Trust?

not at all with his recent draft history. I'll actually go as far that if Belichick doesn't hit on a good QB this year, he is gone in less than 3 years. He will draft a QB early. After that the Patriots will look at OL/CB/LB. I would prefer the Patriots to take Parsons in the first round but it's unlikely.

Edited by SBLIII

3 hours ago, SBLIII said:

not at all with his recent draft history. I'll actually go as far that if Belichick doesn't hit on a good QB this year, he is gone in less than 3 years. He will draft a QB early. After that the Patriots will look at OL/CB/LB. I would prefer the Patriots to take Parsons in the first round but it's unlikely.

If the Steelers didn't trade up for Mac Jones in this draft, that would have been the Patriots first rd pick

• Like 1