MLB The Show 21

BayRaider

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

RTTS gets a lot of upgrades every year.

I’m talking about major additions, not minor tweaks and add-ons. Those are not features. 

This is what was added to The Show RTTS last year:

https://apptrigger.com/2020/02/14/mlb-show-20-rtts-features/3/

Those are by no means new features. Some minor tweaks and adds. 

Two-way player and a podcast are new features. 

On 4/6/2021 at 2:54 PM, BayRaider said:

Nope. Besides Stadium Creator (which is awesome), this is a 100% copy/paste game. Has been a copy/paste game since ‘18. 

Can we add teams to this yet? I like that option in NBA2K series. Would love to add 2 more teams to baseball and try and build them. 

28 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Can we add teams to this yet? I like that option in NBA2K series. Would love to add 2 more teams to baseball and try and build them. 

That’s my favorite feature of NBA 2K and OOTP. Have no idea why all sports games don’t include it. For 2K I always do a 36 Team (max allowed) College League with all the real colleges, and a 16 Team Sudden Death Tournament. 

For OOTP I do a 96 Team League (yes, 96) and a 32 Team Sudden Death Tournament for the playoffs. So fun. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

Has Playstation made any comments about Xbox users getting it for essentially free on release day?

I usually buy it just because, but this whole situation has me mad.

It was up to MLB and Sony had no say in the matter. 

22 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

Fair enough, I guess I'll just skip this year.

It's not like Xbox Users got it for free. Gamepass still requires $$. And unlike with people who buy The Show, the Gamepass Subscribers don't own the game. If Microsoft ever takes the game off Gamepass (which they do all the time) then users will no longer be able to play it. 

7 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

Has Playstation made any comments about Xbox users getting it for essentially free on release day?

Sony said it was the MLB's decision. This dates back to like 2019 when it was first announced that MLB The Show will be on different platforms in the future. Because of that, Microsoft was able to strike a deal with the MLB in putting the game on Game Pass at launch.

8 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

Why are you mad about this? You should see it as a feature that Microsoft offers its gamers. Sony could do it themselves, but they choose not to. This is like when people get mad about graphics and features added to PS4 games and are upset that their PS3 version, that arrived in 2013 is watered, lol.

But to change the subject, they need to add this to gamepass for PC eventually!

17 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

Why are you mad about this? You should see it as a feature that Microsoft offers its gamers. Sony could do it themselves, but they choose not to. This is like when people get mad about graphics and features added to PS4 games and are upset that their PS3 version, that arrived in 2013 is watered, lol.

But to change the subject, they need to add this to gamepass for PC eventually!

Yeah, I really hope Sony creates a service. $70 is just too much for some people and they make so many great games that not everyone plays. 

It probably would never be 1to1 to Gamepass because the amount of money Microsoft has over Sony. But Sony could definitely make something like EA Play mixed with that Apple Arcade service. Put all their hits in a vault, new games launch into it, and they get smaller titles and studios to launch right into it to bolster things. Then do a platinum version that includes PS+, EA Play and other perks.

Or they could do one premium service as like the main thing that has it all $15-20 a month, with a $4.99 Vault access tier that gets games put into it a delayed rate like the lower tier EA Play. I know that there was that hits collection on PS5, but open that up and build on it.

I think if they actually cared about backwards compatibility at all it’d help bolster whatever they end up doing. It’s very night and day how Xbox handles that compared to Sony and Nintendo.

I actually know a lot of people who have Playstation consoles and do not want Game Pass. They are vehemently against subscription based gaming services and would rather own the game. I didn't understand that at first, but now I kind of get their point of view. I think it would be cool for Sony to have one just because it gives people more options. However, over time, the subscription will become more expensive (like it already has).

Overall, I would probably use a subscription here and there or if there was some massive sale, but I do not use subscriptions at all for the most part. I don't even sub to stuff like Netflix, Spotify, or other streaming services. A lot of times, I would also rather own a game that I want to play. For instance, MLB The Show 21 is a game I want to actually own.... not play on Game Pass. Game Pass is cool to try some games out that I wouldn't buy, but that's not worth a consistent subscription from me.

The only reason I had Game Pass on Xbox One is because in 2019, during E3, they had some deal where all the time you had on Xbox Live would be converted to Game Pass Ultimate. Therefore, I got 2+ years of Game Pass Ultimate for $1 total, which is absurd. Other than that, I would not subscribe to Game Pass for any lengthy amount of time.

On 4/11/2021 at 8:06 PM, showtime said:

I actually know a lot of people who have Playstation consoles and do not want Game Pass. They are vehemently against subscription based gaming services and would rather own the game. I didn't understand that at first, but now I kind of get their point of view. I think it would be cool for Sony to have one just because it gives people more options. However, over time, the subscription will become more expensive (like it already has).

Sony does have their own subscription service and it sucks. 

I haven't bought a game in almost a year thanks to GamePass/EA Play. It's the best thing going on consoles right now, IMO. 

• Like 1