MLB The Show 21

BayRaider

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I pre ordered the Jackie Robinson edition so I could have a new game to play. I've never really played baseball games and this has to be the hardest game that I've ever played in my life. I can't get a hit to save my life, lol. 

Go to beginner settings for a minute. Then work up from there. It's not an easy game at first.

11 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I’m watching on YouTube and thinking about getting it for the 5. But it still doesn’t look all that different after like 8 years 

I wish the vita had carried on and had a Switch-like success. Playing the show 21 on a vita would be tight 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

I’m watching on YouTube and thinking about getting it for the 5. But it still doesn’t look all that different after like 8 years 

The RTTS mode is a lot different than last years. No chamistry stuff or the tree, but loadouts instead. It's still taking some time getting used to it. Start out as a two-way player too.

On 4/19/2021 at 4:39 PM, NYRaider said:

I pre ordered the Jackie Robinson edition so I could have a new game to play. I've never really played baseball games and this has to be the hardest game that I've ever played in my life. I can't get a hit to save my life, lol. 

Hitting is the hardest part of the game. What hitting camera are you using? Sounds weird but it really makes a difference. 

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Hitting is the hardest part of the game. What hitting camera are you using? Sounds weird but it really makes a difference. 

Which one are you using? I can't find one and it won't load my custom cam I set up back in 19 and 20.

39 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Which one are you using? I can't find one and it won't load my custom cam I set up back in 19 and 20.

Always use strike zone or strike zone 2 when I want to change it up for a bit. Imo those two allow you to pick up the ball the best. 

5 hours ago, JonStark said:

First baseball game I've gotten in a while and it's pretty tough. The fielding was really hard until I switched it to buttons. 

Once I get the hang of it again though, it'll be awesome.

Nothin wrong with doing the easiest or second easiest difficulty either. MLB The Show has so many difficulty and A.I. Options it’s pretty nuts. Unlike Madden which just has four and all are garbage. 

• Like 1

I would say, if you only play to play offline/against the AI then pick any difficulty you want. But if you actually want to learn the game and be really good online, you should be doing zone hitting. That's the one where you move the PCI on screen manually to get a hit.

Also, it's early, but pinpoint pitching looks like the most accurate way to pitch. It has the least margin for error (assuming you time the pitch correctly). The thing about pinpoint pitching is that it's really difficult.