MLB The Show 21

BayRaider

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

When I’m given the RTTS challenge of driving in a run but I strike out on a pitchout pitch, you don’t have to flash “challenge failed” in massive letters on the screen, MLB The Show. I’m well aware at that point I ****ed up 

13 hours ago, Ty21 said:

When I’m given the RTTS challenge of driving in a run but I strike out on a pitchout pitch, you don’t have to flash “challenge failed” in massive letters on the screen, MLB The Show. I’m well aware at that point I ****ed up 

In the top 3 worst feelings in The Show, definitely.

Other one that has happened to me: Throwing a no-hitter through 8 2/3rds and I get pulled due to being too tired.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I really dislike the archetype system... One game I'm a god at the plate the next game I'm on the mount but suddenly forgot how to hit and went from one of the fastest players in the league to being slow af? Yeah that's not how that works, lol.

It's a damn sports game not COD...

6 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I really dislike the archetype system... One game I'm a god at the plate the next game I'm on the mount but suddenly forgot how to hit and went from one of the fastest players in the league to being slow af? Yeah that's not how that works, lol.

It's a damn sports game not COD...

Yeah, that's a bummer for sure. Not sure what they were thinking with that decision. 

I've actually gone back to playing Super Mega Baseball 3 lately. I actually prefer the core gameplay and much faster pace of that game over the Show's realism. 

RTTS is incredibly aggravating and stupid. I’m in my 5th season and am 94 ovr but only get to play like 65% of the games. I’m breaking single season records/putting up next level statlines but I’m not in the running for MVP or any other awards cause I only play a fraction of the games. Why tf am I not a full on starter at this point.. I’ve literally never had this problem in any other show game before 

• 4 weeks later...

Took 7 years of geeked out stats for my player to finally receive enough play time to win MVP lol. And it took getting traded away too. I didn’t get traded til 5 years after I originally requested lol. And I find myself still stuck being forced to play pitcher on the side with no way of bailing on it altogether.