Jump to content

Jaguars sign DL Tyson Alualu UPDATE: He has not


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Chops013 said:

Anyone find it odd that Alualu didn’t get a press conference and that he isn’t listed on the roster on Jaguars.com?

He might not have come into town yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chops013 said:

Anyone find it odd that Alualu didn’t get a press conference and that he isn’t listed on the roster on Jaguars.com?

Maybe they'll just skip it, and pretend like he never left.  Most people probably won't even notice tbh.

Edited by Tugboat
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • pwny changed the title to Jaguars sign DL Tyson Alualu UPDATE: He has not

Kind of embarrassing. But can’t really blame him. Kinda weird that it took a covid isolation cooling off period to realize what he really wanted to do, but it seems like Pittsburgh is a good fit for him and being all settled in there, hard to argue against just going back with what’s working, rather than what never really completely worked I. Jacksonville. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Kind of embarrassing. But can’t really blame him. Kinda weird that it took a covid isolation cooling off period to realize what he really wanted to do, but it seems like Pittsburgh is a good fit for him and being all settled in there, hard to argue against just going back with what’s working, rather than what never really completely worked I. Jacksonville. 

I'd guess he wasn't the only one in his family who got it. There's nothing like seeing your wife or kids in potential danger to reset all of your priorities. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, pwny said:

I'd guess he wasn't the only one in his family who got it. There's nothing like seeing your wife or kids in potential danger to reset all of your priorities. 

Yeah.  That could certainly be a factor.  I still think it's just strange that these guys are signing multimillion dollar deals to move around the country like that, apparently without even really pausing that much to think it through.  Like...they're gonna be loaded whichever way they go.  If you like the place and the situation, why not stay?

 

In some ways, i guess it reflects positively on Jacksonville as a place, and organization...that he was pretty much ready to go back.  But also kind of embarrassing to have him be like, "ahhh actually, about that...i thought about it some more, and never mind".

Link to post
Share on other sites


So some inferences from this article:

It sounds like he expected to go back to Pittsburgh and that it was something he basically expected was a done deal, so he even built his family a dream home in the area that just got finished building and they were starting to move into. But then Pittsburgh was offering him basically nothing to return, because they had no money available. So he took the larger offer with Jax. He and his family were trying to decide if they’d split up and live in separate places or if he’d uproot everyone and move them to Jacksonville; the latter seeming less likely with the family having just moved into their dream home. Then he and two of his sons got COVID and it seems like that reaffirmed the importance of keeping close to his family.

Then the Steelers upped their offer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...