Quinton Dunbar

I can't say what we will do in the offseason we have tough decision to make. Dunny has been a good player for 3 years. Bree, I think it depends what his contract demands are if he'll be back or not. If not, Dunny, Fuller or Moreau definitely can handle being the #2 opposite Norman. We also have Holsey who's flashed some. I'm very pleased with the depth we have at corner, I don't foresee that being a position we target high in the draft next year even if Bree is gone. 

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Agreed. I like how Dunbar has progressed. But if I'm picking Bree or him, its Bree 100% of the time.

Ya but Breelands on the last year of his deal and we've got two 3rd round picks waiting in the wings to take his place. Dunbar will likely be open to signing a reasonable contact for a 4h cb.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya but Breelands on the last year of his deal and we've got two 3rd round picks waiting in the wings to take his place. Dunbar will likely be open to signing a reasonable contact for a 4h cb.

If Dunbar continues to play well while the starters are out he could get a chance to start somewhere of at least be a #3. I defintely think he needs to be re-signed but I'm not sure if we can retain him if someone else gives him a better opportunity. Remains to be seen I guess.

If we lose Bree & Dunbar that would be an issue. I think Holsey is good enough to be a #4 corner, but I think if we lose both of them we'd have to think about drafting another mid round corner in round 4 or 5 I guess. 

I didn't realize Dunbar was a free agent next year also, I sure hope we can re-sign him on like a 3 year deal worth $7 or 8 mil or so.

Breeland is gone after this season. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to pay him when you have Dunbar, Fuller and Moreau on the roster. I also expect the team to sign Kyle Fuller next off-season with his former coach and his brother on the team. 

Archived