Browns sign DE Takk McKinley

zelbell

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

How is he not a scheme fit? for a 4-3? I'm confused? He literally played a 4-3 end his whole career including back in college, now all of the sudden he isn't? 

He is undersized for a 4/3 DE, his best fit in a 4/3 which is far from ideal would be linebacker.

his best fit is 3/4 OLB.

Since some of you need to embrace your inner nerd more, I'd like to point out that Takk McKinley has been above a 60 on his PFF grade each of his 4 seasons in the NFL, and 3 of those 4 years he was 67+, meaning that he's a solid player. He's not what he was billed/hoped to be coming out, but he's not awful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Since some of you need to embrace your inner nerd more, I'd like to point out that Takk McKinley has been above a 60 on his PFF grade each of his 4 seasons in the NFL, and 3 of those 4 years he was 67+, meaning that he's a solid player. He's not what he was billed/hoped to be coming out, but he's not awful.

He’s also being paid veteran reserve cash.  

He’s a meh player to fill a hole so we don’t have to reach on draft day.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

To add to this, I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t even intend on him being a base, 3 down end.  

They may just want him here as a rotational pass rusher.

I get it, I just wanted to show that a lot of his highlights were against the run. But having him in pass rush packages is setting him up for success and he has the ability to start in a pinch.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s also being paid veteran reserve cash.  

He’s a meh player to fill a hole so we don’t have to reach on draft day.

Yep.

Worst case scenario, he's your "average" starter opposite Myles. 

Best case scenario, we acquire someone else (Kerrigan LOL) in free agency or via the draft and he's a situational rusher. Someone like Kerrigan/whoever we get slides inside and he's your EDGE guy (only 230 lbs).

Maybe they even look at a guy like Takitaki as a hybrid EDGE/SLB type.