2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Just now, showtime said:

What are your thoughts?  Do you still think he could play and have an impact if he were to get back into basketball shape?

No clue but he probably burned his bridges here. Plus, the most I'd trust him with is vet minimum. Could be worth a shot but it's really not something I'd be looking into unless he proved himself on a camp tryout or something of the sort. Make him earn his spot.

If he doesn't want pressure, he can come to Houston, where we have 48 minutes of HOF play making every night, and he can just do his thing, play D, and make shots. He can live a comfortable 20/5 existence and making the all D team every year, win rings. Just come on to Houston Big Dog. 

We can give the Spurs Gordon and Tucker who will help them keep making the post season, plus we have a lot of overseas guys that would become HOFers in San Antonio. At the time, Paul George was sold for less. We could even give them a 1st or 2. Of course looking back, maybe Indiana knew something that no one else did about Oladipo, but at the time it looked like a terrible deal. 

Same for the Bulls and Jimmy Butler. They got a little better value, and got 2 young guys in Dunn and Lavine who might develop, plus they moved up 8 spots in the draft. 

PG and Butler are right on par with Leonard as a player. The market isnt that great for guys that are demanding a trade at the end of their contracts. Butler got a little more because he had 2 years left. PG got garbage because he could easily leave. 

I really dont see some mega trade coming for Leonard. 

On 6/18/2018 at 11:35 AM, Pastor Dillon said:

I really dont see some mega trade coming for Leonard. 

I don't agree with much of anything you posted above, but this part I do.  This mega-trade isn't coming.  Just like it didn't come for Paul George.  Once it gets out that a player wants out, that teams' leverage goes out the window.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Butler and PG are absolutely not on par with Kawhi. What the hell? 

Butler and PG have Kawhi type size and ability. Neither have been in a system on par with the Spurs, but both Butler and PG would be Kawhi if they had went to the Spurs. They all fit the same mold. Great defenders who can get their own shot. 

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Butler and PG have Kawhi type size and ability. Neither have been in a system on par with the Spurs, but both Butler and PG would be Kawhi if they had went to the Spurs. They all fit the same mold. Great defenders who can get their own shot. 

This is just wrong.

Archived