2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

I don't know...Lakers have SOOOOO much money. Would be a LEGIT team if they could add Lebron/PG and maybe a guy like Capela?

I know the Lakers have been turd but its a huge market, and they have so much cap space and have the ability to create even more if they could somehow find a team to take Luol Deng (Highly unlikely, I know).

Capela isnt going anywhere

11 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Cetlics trade Brown, Tatum and the Kings 2019 1st round pick to the Spurs for Kawhi Leonard and a championship, who says no?

lol absolutely not. Thats a MASSIVE overpay. Tatum and the Kings 1st gets that more than done. No one is offering the Spurs an asset close to Tatum in any deal unless a team is willing to deal an already established great player.

7 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

lol absolutely not. Thats a MASSIVE overpay. Tatum and the Kings 1st gets that more than done. No one is offering the Spurs an asset close to Tatum in any deal unless a team is willing to deal an already established great player.

Kawhi is 10x the player those guys are! 

And im in the boat that PG > Kawhi still lol. 

He played with a broken leg! Kawhi wont play unless his seatbelt buckled and has perfect groomed toes. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I just don't see that happening, the last two times a super team was sort of brought together in that regard they already had one of the key pieces in place. 

Boston had Paul Pierce, and Miami had Dwayne Wade.

Houston already has CP3, Harden, and Capela (for now), Philly has LeBron's protege Simmons, arguably the best Center in the NBA and a significant number of other good role players. Though. if we were to sign LeBron, I don't think we can bring Redick back unless he's willing to play for a ring on a lower salary than he did this season.

He ain't going to Houston lol. Its as close to impossible as it gets. If the Rockets trade and renounced EVERYONE except the following - Harden, Gordon, Paul and Capela. They'd have roughly 8M in cap space. They'd have to renounce the rights to CP3 to sign Lebron, it aint happening folks. 

Option 1 - IF the Rockets got rid of EVERYONE except Harden, Gordon and Capela and then renounced the rights to CP3 they'd have 47M to SPLIT between Lebron and CP3. That ain't happening.

Option 2 - Renounce EVERYONE except Harden and Capela and then trade Gordon. If they do this they'd have roughly 61M to split between Lebron and CP3. Still ain't happening.

Option 3 - Trade for Lebron. If Cleveland is dumb enough to help Lebron get to Houston, then this is about the only feasible option. 

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Kawhi is 10x the player those guys are! 

And im in the boat that PG > Kawhi still lol. 

He played with a broken leg! Kawhi wont play unless his seatbelt buckled and has perfect groomed toes. 

No doubt, but you don't overpay just to overpay. Tatum and the Kings 1st tops any other offer they're going to get. Why just toss in a legit wing like Brown?

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

No doubt, but you don't overpay just to overpay. Tatum and the Kings 1st tops any other offer they're going to get. Why just toss in a legit wing like Brown?

Depth is overrated. You lost Kyrie and Gordon.. 

What is Tatum or Brown going to do? I doubt you get out the first round..

Youll have a legit big 3.. 

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Depth is overrated. You lost Kyrie and Gordon.. 

What is Tatum or Brown going to do? I doubt you get out the first round..

Youll have a legit big 3.. 

You're not disproving my point though. No reason to toss Jaylen Brown in. A deal of Jayson Tatum+Kings 1st+Cap fillers wouild get a deal done for Kawhi I bet. Although, I don't think Kawhi gets traded in the end.

5 minutes ago, El ramster said:

What are those scrubs going to do? 

Theyll lose.. Tatum and Brown won’t push them over the edge. 

Neither would Leonard if he has no teammates. 

Like he said, Tatum and the Kings pick should be enough.

That being said, If the Spurs wanted Brown too, then I think I would do it. 

44 minutes ago, 49er pride said:

Neither would Leonard if he has no teammates. 

Like he said, Tatum and the Kings pick should be enough.

That being said, If the Spurs wanted Brown too, then I think I would do it. 

I don't think I would...Jaylen Brown has been phenomenal this year and I think Tatum will be a perennial all-star in his prime. That would be one of the biggest hauls for a super star in recent memory. 

24 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

I don't think I would...Jaylen Brown has been phenomenal this year and I think Tatum will be a perennial all-star in his prime. That would be one of the biggest hauls for a super star in recent memory. 

Yeah, Idk it would be tough to let go of all of that, but Leonard is tempting. 

Archived