2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Probably has more value now due to the protections lightening up. Y'all get it if it lands 4-16 next year, just top 7 protected in 2020 and unprotected in 2021. 

It'll most likely be a pick in the 20's in 2020.

I don't see you guys being between 4-16 next year barring a Giannis injury, and definitely not in the top 7 in 2020.

The dream is you guys barely miss the playoffs next year and end up with the 4th pick now that they're gonna draw 4 teams starting next season.

5 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

It'll most likely be a pick in the 20's in 2020.

I don't see you guys being between 4-16 next year barring a Giannis injury, and definitely not in the top 7 in 2020.

The dream is you guys barely miss the playoffs next year and end up with the 4th pick now that they're gonna draw 4 teams starting next season.

It's likely going to convey in 2020. If we have Giannis healthy all year, there's zero chance we're in the top 3 in 2019 and a majority chance we're at least 17. 

8 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

I'll be thoroughly impressed if we make it out of round 1. This team is devastated by injury right now and we have a lot of young guys with little to no playoff experience. Best case scenario is Tatum/Brown play well and get heavy minutes and they have playoff experience for next year when we've got a healthy Kyrie and Hayward.

Brad Stevens gonna carry y'all to the 2nd round 

7 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

I don't know...Lakers have SOOOOO much money. Would be a LEGIT team if they could add Lebron/PG and maybe a guy like Capela?

I know the Lakers have been turd but its a huge market, and they have so much cap space and have the ability to create even more if they could somehow find a team to take Luol Deng (Highly unlikely, I know).

LeBron don't care about money.

I am LeBron. Therefor I can make those claims.

But if you really think he'd go to a trash team in the West then you're crazy.

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

bud is highly overrated but this would be a good hire  

He would do a great job with the young guys in Phoenix. With this year's pick and Budenholzer at the helm, it would be a good transition into a good young team with a high upside.

14 minutes ago, TheChancellor said:

He would do a great job with the young guys in Phoenix. With this year's pick and Budenholzer at the helm, it would be a good transition into a good young team with a high upside.

And they could continue to not defend the 3 point line. That’s buds biggest problem. He doesnt believe in it. 

34 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

And they could continue to not defend the 3 point line. That’s buds biggest problem. He doesnt believe in it. 

Which is exactly why I have no desire for him in Milwaukee. Hope PHX hires him. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Their 3pt defense has been above-average under his watch until last year when they were tanking.

16 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Yes let's allow for this dude to use the term cotton picking when describing a black athlete. 

Unless you tell me it had a racial intent behind it then I don’t care what if he uses. He clearly did not mean it that way, so what’s the fuss? 

13 hours ago, Gmen4ev said:

I am LeBron. Therefor I can make those claims.

But if you really think he'd go to a trash team in the West then you're crazy.

It would obviously only happen in a situation where he recruited some guys there with him.

If I HAD to pick a team, I think he remains in Cleveland unfortunately.

48 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

It would obviously only happen in a situation where he recruited some guys there with him.

If I HAD to pick a team, I think he remains in Cleveland unfortunately.

If he had to recruit some guys he still wouldn't go to the West. No reason to take a tougher road when he can just beat down any team in the East.

4 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Unless you tell me it had a racial intent behind it then I don’t care what if he uses. He clearly did not mean it that way, so what’s the fuss? 

The history of the phrase and the connotations behind what it means and conjures up...?

I mean seriously?

Archived