2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

29 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

100% agreed. seems pretty obvious there was 0 ill intent. what does a suspension accomplish here?

That saying racially insensitive things isn't tolerated...

Intent doesn't matter if you say things like that.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

That saying racially insensitive things isn't tolerated...

Intent doesn't matter if you say things like that.

ehhh, i believe in formal apologies and moving on for stuff like this, but i guess agree to disagree. like i said, pretty damn obvious there was 0 intent and he just misspoke. everyone puts their foot in their mouth on occasion. 

3 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

ehhh, i believe in formal apologies and moving on for stuff like this, but i guess agree to disagree. like i said, pretty damn obvious there was 0 intent and he just misspoke. everyone puts their foot in their mouth on occasion. 

Yeah, and you get punished for it anyways.  That's how, you know, the world works.  It's a racial slur.  Intent or not, it's ridiculously inappropriate and he deserves his suspension.

I have a co-worker who got written up in the military for calling one of his black cadets "boy" (which isn't even close to as bad as cotton picker IMO).  No intent at all to be insensitive, but even if you don't mean to, you get punished.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, and you get punished for it anyways.  That's how, you know, the world works.  It's a racial slur.  Intent or not, it's ridiculously inappropriate and he deserves his suspension.

I have a co-worker who got written up in the military for calling one of his black cadets "boy" (which isn't even close to as bad as cotton picker IMO).  No intent at all to be insensitive, but even if you don't mean to, you get punished.

Some dude in the auto sales department I use to work in got fired for saying taco Tuesday on a weds. Like it’s outchea. And if he doesn’t get suspended he’ll have what paul Mooney likes to to say He’s got the complexion for the protection. It’ll look worse if he doesn’t get suspended. 

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’d take Tatum over Simmons or Mitchell long term. He’s gonna be the best of this rookie class by far. 

By far is a bold claim

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

His size and shooting puts him over the top. Not sure Simmons will ever have a reliable jumper. Tatum has all the potential and raw skill to be a top 5 2 way player. 

Except the ability to create for others.

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

His size and shooting puts him over the top. Not sure Simmons will ever have a reliable jumper. Tatum has all the potential and raw skill to be a top 5 2 way player. 

Simmons is already playing at a near pre-prime level and would be hard to argue that he isn't performing like a top ten player already. Even if he never improves his jumper(I doubt this very much), his size & athleticism along with his great vision and IQ will still allow him to perform at an elite offensive level. We don't harp on Giannis despite him having similar-worse numbers across the board.

Defensive wise Simmons will be consistently good-great under Brown. Referencing his size & athleticism again.

Simmons easily has the skill/potential to be a top 5(I'd argue 3) player in the league period. Saying Tatum will be far better than top 5(again my opinion, yours may differ) is effectively saying clear cut #1 with no discussion about #2 even touching him..

15 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

Simmons is already playing at a near pre-prime level and would be hard to argue that he isn't performing like a top ten player already. Even if he never improves his jumper(I doubt this very much), his size & athleticism along with his great vision and IQ will still allow him to perform at an elite offensive level. We don't harp on Giannis despite him having similar-worse numbers across the board.

Defensive wise Simmons will be consistently good-great under Brown. Referencing his size & athleticism again.

Simmons easily has the skill/potential to be a top 5(I'd argue 3) player in the league period. Saying Tatum will be far better than top 5(again my opinion, yours may differ) is effectively saying clear cut #1 with no discussion about #2 even touching him..

I have nothing against Simmons and I agree with a lot of that. He’s a star right now and will continue to be. I just thinks the ceiling is higher and more obtainable for Tatum. 

Archived