2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

9 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Simmons isn’t great defensively atm. 

Not great, still raw. But has the tools to become great. I'd say for now he's good enough. Brown is a heavily defensive minded coach which is why I bring him up. Consistently his teams have always been above average defensive wise even in the lowest points of the Process.

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I have nothing against Simmons and I agree with a lot of that. He’s a star right now and will continue to be. I just thinks the ceiling is higher and more obtainable for Tatum. 

What I was getting at originally, you honestly believe Tatum will become the clear cut best player in the leauge hands down?

29 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

Except the ability to create for others.

To be fair Tatum's role will never be primarily to create for others. That is Simmons roll I do believe that is apples to oranges. Simmons greatness should be measured by how well he creates for others with Jayson Tatum it's how well he is at scoring. Both are or will be great at what they do

Wow Brown going in.. And brad Stevens is the greatest coach I ever saw..

i know pop and Jackson are goats but they’re before my time. But what Stevens has done is just out of his world. 

Weve seen bootleg coaches that come out like roaches in Jeff Hornaceck or Bud from Atl. 

But Stevens is the goat. He’s special. 

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Wow Brown going in.. And brad Stevens is the greatest coach I ever saw..

i know pop and Jackson are goats but they’re before my time. But what Stevens has done is just out of his world. 

Weve seen bootleg coaches that come out like roaches in Jeff Hornaceck or Bud from Atl. 

But Stevens is the goat. He’s special

Not the Goat. But he will be without a doubt. Already the best coach in the NBA imo. Has been for awhile now. Dude is on another level, even above HOF level coaches.

33 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

To be fair Tatum's role will never be primarily to create for others. That is Simmons roll I do believe that is apples to oranges. Simmons greatness should be measured by how well he creates for others with Jayson Tatum it's how well he is at scoring. Both are or will be great at what they do

Right but to get to be a top 10 player, it needs to be a tool. Not necessarily an elite one, but a good one.

37 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

Not great, still raw. But has the tools to become great. I'd say for now he's good enough. Brown is a heavily defensive minded coach which is why I bring him up. Consistently his teams have always been above average defensive wise even in the lowest points of the Process.

Again, not true. Simmons is a great defender. He's going to get All-Defense votes because of it.

18 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

Not the Goat. But he will be without a doubt. Already the best coach in the NBA imo. Has been for awhile now. Dude is on another level, even above HOF level coaches.

Brad Stevens is a GREAT coach but this is just being delusional.

We have seen nothing to believe Tatum won't be able to create for others. They like him to create for others. When Larkin, Smart, Kyrie, and Rozier were out, Tatum initiated the offense a good portion of the night. 

He's also taking over this game.

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Tatum looks so much like Pierce on the floor. I also feel like Tatum looks like the player Jabari was supposed to look like before his knees exploded. I really would think about trading Kyrie for Ayton and some other stuff at this point

was actually thinking this. tatum is the player parker was supposed to be.

feel like tatum has higher bball iq and a feel for the game though too, injuries aside

Just now, IrishGreen said:

was actually thinking this. tatum is the player parker was supposed to be.

feel like tatum has higher bball iq and a feel for the game though too, injuries aside

i agree with this as well, tatum never looks rushed and parker looks frazzled a bit often and has pretty bad body language. i know giannis praises him but whenever i watch the bucks, it looks like they are nowhere near the same page when on the floor together

Archived