2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

6 minutes ago, TheChancellor said:

Brad Stevens is a GREAT coach but this is just being delusional.

When Pop says he studies your old play calling back when you coached college you know you're doing something right 

Just now, Troy Brown said:

i agree with this as well, tatum never looks rushed and parker looks frazzled a bit often and has pretty bad body language. i know giannis praises him but whenever i watch the bucks, it looks like they are nowhere near the same page when on the floor together

nah there's 0 chemistry there. there's a lot of bucks fans out there who have a theory they don't even like each other. 

i just think parker being such a "phenom" in HS made him never properly develop a lot of the secondary skills you need to be good at the pro level. he really doesn't do anything well other than score, so when he's off, he's basically a completely worthless player. tatum is a good defender, passer, and just overall has a good feel for the game. he's gonna be a good one (already is pretty good obviously)

9 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

Again, not true. Simmons is a great defender. He's going to get All-Defense votes because of it.

His defense is nowhere near elite. He's good because he's 14 feet taller than most he's been defending this year and is quick. Might get all Defense levels but I wouldn't say it's great.

3 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

nah there's 0 chemistry there. there's a lot of bucks fans out there who have a theory they don't even like each other. 

i just think parker being such a "phenom" in HS made him never properly develop a lot of the secondary skills you need to be good at the pro level. he really doesn't do anything well other than score, so when he's off, he's basically a completely worthless player. tatum is a good defender, passer, and just overall has a good feel for the game. he's gonna be a good one (already is pretty good obviously)

i feel you could say the same about wiggins

1 hour ago, Gmen4ev said:
1 hour ago, El ramster said:

Simmons isn’t great defensively atm. 

Not great, still raw. But has the tools to become great. I'd say for now he's good enough. Brown is a heavily defensive minded coach which is why I bring him up. Consistently his teams have always been above average defensive wise even in the lowest points of the Process.

Ben is one of the best defenders in the NBA

Archived