2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

but on what planet do the any of these bottom feeding teams get a max guy in free agency? Paul Millsap, who really was only a max guy by demand and not player caliber, is the only notable FA I can think of who didn't go to an already established contender in recent memory. Drafting an eventual star is definitely the best route, but obviously odds are that whoever gets taken at #2 will not be as good or as impactful a player as Wall or Lillard, both guys on HOF trajectories. If that deal is there straight up, I would always take it. These guys usually play fine in the playoffs, they're not the reason their teams never advance.

Have fun paying Wall $40 million a year.

On 4/19/2018 at 11:07 PM, DirtyDez said:

A top-3 pick for Wall would be horrendous.  Lillard is still a no but not as egregious.  These picks are gold with the way salaries are blowing up.

And the overvaluing of draft pick begins...

On 4/19/2018 at 11:27 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Could the Heat even get assets for Whiteside or would it just be a salary dump? Clearly a talented player but player's in his mold are not too conducive to today's game, not to mention he has serious attitude problems. 

I'd venture to guess they'd get something good in return for him, but nothing monumental.  They're probably not getting a top 10 pick, or any really good young players.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'd venture to guess they'd get something good in return for him, but nothing monumental.  They're probably not getting a top 10 pick, or any really good young players.

Probably?  Any team who would even consider a top 20 pick for Whiteside would be dumb.  The guy can't play in the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Not for superstars which neither of those guys are.

If we're going to go with a really limited list of players you'd consider superstars, you're going to be holding your breath because NOBODY is trading a superstar.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If we're going to go with a really limited list of players you'd consider superstars, you're going to be holding your breath because NOBODY is trading a superstar.

Which is why you keep the pick.  

On 4/20/2018 at 1:17 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

For those who don't think Wall and/or Lillard are worth the 2nd overall pick in a trade, let me ask you, who IS worth? I'm curious if it's just a matter of not being high on those particularly players or over valuing the #2 pick in this draft.

Lillard, yes. Wall, absolutely not.

31 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Its not that. If you give me Wall for his contract by itself (w/o giving up any compensation) I would have to think about it. Much less give up a top 3 pick.

You're lying to yourself if you're not jumping at the ability to add John Wall if you didn't have to give up anything in return.

On 4/13/2018 at 8:34 AM, Gmen4ev said:

Toronto in 7

Celtics in 6

Sixers in 6

Cavs in 4

Houston in 4

GS in 5

Pelicans in 7

Jazz in 6

I'm trash

Archived