2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Sorry but DMC doesn't have that much value given that he's coming off a torn Achilles AND he's probably looking for a max contract.

And if his value is at a low it would be a mistake to trade him. There's been nothing to suggest he'd leave a bunch of money on the table to go elsewhere, especially not with us playing as well as we have.

We were on our best stretch of the season before he went down, and the streak that propelled us into the playoffs afterward was against a ridiculously easy stretch of teams. Not to mention Jrue was playing horribly for the 1st 2 months or so. It's going to be a pretty incredible team if we get this version of Jrue, AD, and Boogie on the court together. I think the only better core in the league is the Warriors.

You don't trade that for a role player that likely takes away any chance you have at competing for a title. If we could do some sort of S&T swap for Paul George I'd take that in a heartbeat, but aside from something like that moving Boogie just seems like it would be a massive loss for us.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Because it's possible.  The 2 best free agents since 2010 have left their teams.

They left their failing teams. This team is finally showing what it can be capable of. The future is starting to really look good.

8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Because it's possible.  The 2 best free agents since 2010 have left their teams.

Lebron left a pretty mediocre Cleveland team to form an elite big 3. KD left to join arguably the best team of all time... I don't think AD will be in that situation but I'll hold my breath

1 minute ago, NS922 said:

They left their failing teams. This team is finally showing what it can be capable of. The future is starting to really look good.

Snake left OKC, nothing is sacred. :(

I think AD just wants to win though so if we're still competing (and I see literally 0 reason we shouldn't be) when his contract is up, I think he'll sign for the super max. The super max didn't exist in the past, we don't have a lot of precedent for it yet. I don't see any way he turns down a winning team + super max just to "go to a bigger market" or something, he'll only leave if we suck/are mediocre. 

2 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Snake left OKC, nothing is sacred. :(

I think AD just wants to win though so if we're still competing (and I see literally 0 reason we shouldn't be) when his contract is up, I think he'll sign for the super max. The super max didn't exist in the past, we don't have a lot of precedent for it yet. I don't see any way he turns down a winning team + super max just to "go to a bigger market" or something, he'll only leave if we suck/are mediocre. 

Fam Lebron left no one is loyal 

12 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Lebron left a pretty mediocre Cleveland team to form an elite big 3. KD left to join arguably the best team of all time... I don't think AD will be in that situation but I'll hold my breath

Put some respect on the Sixers mate.

Think of the length, only the length and nothing else.

11 hours ago, El ramster said:

Fam Lebron left no one is loyal 

Spoken like a disloyal mofo himself lol.

First the man loved Hibbo....only to turn on him a year later.

Then the man LOVED PG....only to turn on him after he leaves Indiana.

Hyped up Myles Turner big time in his first two years.....only to want him traded a year later.

Now he is hyping up Jared Goff big time.....and we all know how this story will end.

8 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Why would the Pelicans move Boogie though? He was dominating before he was hurt and his value is going to be low coming off an injury, plus a future big contract. 

Sounds like the ultimate sell low.

Cousins and Davis made it work well enough. The Pelicans outscored opponents by about 4.5 points per 100 possessions -- 134 points total -- in more than 1,000 minutes with both of them on the floor, per NBA.com. That was about the same as Utah's differential for the season.

They are already plus-196 with the Mirotic-Davis duo in 300 fewer minutes combined over the regular season and playoffs -- equivalent to about plus-14 points per 100 possessions, 5.5 points fatter than Houston's league-best overall mark. After about two weeks in the injury-mourning doldrums, the Pelicans scrapped their twin towers offense in favor of playing ultra-fast and unleashing Davis. Cousins cannot play as fast as New Orleans is playing now. He could not smother Damian Lillard pick-and-rolls the way Davis and Mirotic just did.

Archived