2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

38 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

That's assuming either opt out or don't sign extensions before then.

That's true of everybody then.

Magic and Pelinka have said multiple times that they aren't going to spend just to spend.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That's true of everybody then.

Magic and Pelinka have said multiple times that they aren't going to spend just to spend.

No, I get that. But going after Cousins isn't exactly the same as throwing money at a Luol Deng or KCP. When healthy he's arguably a top 15 player. You're banking on him recovering from his injury, which multiple athletes have done, but I think the reward outweighs any lingering risk in comparison to not getting any marquee free agents to pair with your young core in either of the next 2 years.

3 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

If LeBron, PG, and DmC all sign long term deals elsewhere, who's going to be the marquee free agent acquisition in 2019? Klay Thompson? Kemba Walker? Jokic? That's not exactly a premier free agent class.

turn your location on 

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

it's a joke often found on twitter RTID. Turn your location on your tweets so i can come fight you 

Oooo okay, that's a new one to me. I went through my profile settings like, is that even an option on this site? lol

Don't worry, I think it's highly unlikely Jokic ends up leaving Denver, but he was just one of the top UFA's I saw on the list for 2019.

6 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

No, I get that. But going after Cousins isn't exactly the same as throwing money at a Luol Deng or KCP. When healthy he's arguably a top 15 player. You're banking on him recovering from his injury, which multiple athletes have done, but I think the reward outweighs any lingering risk in comparison to not getting any marquee free agents to pair with your young core in either of the next 2 years.

But it's going to depends on what Cousins wants.  Given that Pelinka was around with Kobe, I doubt he's jumping at the opportunity to throw a big contract at a guy coming off a torn Achilles.

Archived