2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Damn, Kawhi attempting to make some power moves. Can't see Popovich agreeing to have less practices, though I figured he was probably taking it a bit easy since they have such a older ball club. Guess not. 

Well, didn't Pop concede this season with Aldridge. Gave him the ball much more vs team ball movement?

Also maybe Kawhi wants the Duncan/Parker/Ginobli days off/rest treatment. 

I don't know, but this will be an interesting summer/offseason again.

"Money has never been the sole reason why I made any decision. I just try to make a good basketball decision. And I’m sure, hopefully, the organization does right by me, as well. That stuff always has to align. But, for the most part, I try just to let my play do the talking and handle all that stuff. And we’ll talk about the details later."

Would he take another pay cut? Durant:

"$10 million? Would that be smart?"

Podcast host Tim Kawakami noted he wouldn’t have thought Durant would take such a big pay cut last year. Durant:

"Me either. But I thought that, at that time, it was a good deal. But that’s not setting a good precedent for me if I’m like, “Man, I’m taking 10.” Now, they’re going to start taking advantage of me. You know what I’m saying? I know it’s a business, too. So, I’ve got a business to handle as well."

"We’ll see what happens, but I don’t see myself taking that big of a cut."

Source: https://player.fm/series/the-warriors-plusminus-1576864/kevin-durant-talks-playoffs-referees-and-money

35 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Guys like Bron, KD, Steph etc don't need to be taking any pay cuts. No clue why he took so much less when he signed here. 

Agreed.  That's a bad trend that owners will use against every non-star in the league.

On 4/13/2018 at 8:34 AM, Gmen4ev said:

Toronto in 7

Celtics in 6

Sixers in 6

Cavs in 4

Houston in 4

GS in 5

Pelicans in 7

Jazz in 6

Smh I'm garbage.

6 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Agreed.  That's a bad trend that owners will use against every non-star in the league.

As they should. How can you have guys like Conley, Tristan Thompson, DeAndre Jordan and Chandler Parsons be making max money when they’re no where near that? How? It’s stupid that there is a max.. Lots of NBA players stealing checks. 

On 4/13/2018 at 8:34 AM, Gmen4ev said:

Toronto in 7

Celtics in 6

Sixers in 6

Cavs in 4

Houston in 4

GS in 5

Pelicans in 7

Jazz in 6

Toronto in 6 vs either
Philly in 5 vs either

Houston in 6