2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yes.

Lonzo, Kuzma, Deng, and 2020 1st for Leonard and Lauvergne/Forbes.

Then sign LeBron and PG13 as free agents.

In my opinion, there's really no need for George if Leonard and LeBron on are on the team.  As an example, if both guys were willing to take a bit less what kind of pieces would they be able to have around LeBron and Leonard?  Randle, Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, etc?  I know some of those guys have to go.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

In my opinion, there's really no need for George if Leonard and LeBron on are on the team.  As an example, if both guys were willing to take a bit less what kind of pieces would they be able to have around LeBron and Leonard?  Randle, Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, etc?  I know some of those guys have to go.

George gives them another great defender and shooter with the size to switch onto Durant.  I'd rather have George than any 2 other free agents they could add in his place.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Why do you say this?  Was it reported somewhere or is it just a feeling you have?

It's been rumored for a while Leonard preferred LA, and Woj reported LA has his preferred destination earlier today.  Nothing yet saying he'd only re-sign in LA though.

Just now, dtait93 said:

Kawhi isn’t signing anywhere long term unless it’s in LA. Any other team is getting a 1 year rental 

PG situation all over again. A team like the Thunder pretty much HAD to make a power move like that with the Westbrook situation and after losing Durant, but many teams will do that this time around with Kawhi? I mean Indiana ended up looking great after the trade, but no one could have expected Dipo to make that type of leap. That trade got killed by damn near everyone. Can the 76ers risk giving up some of their youngsters for a one year rental? Don't think so. Maybe the Celtics could give up Kyrie knowing he may leave anyways after the season. But still doubtful.

@seminoles1 I'm sure the Lakers would love to get a deal done ASAP, but this all comes down to what the Spurs want to do. They don't have to trade him to the Lakers and Pop could want to stick it to Kawhi and not give him what he wants.

Just a fascinating situation all around. This should have been the biggest story in the NBA all season long, yet there were big patches of the season where it was super quiet. 

This offseason is going to be great, even better than last offseason which was awesome.

I've said it a thousands of times and I'll say it again, BEST SPORT IN THE WORLD. 

Just now, seminoles1 said:

It's been rumored for a while Leonard preferred LA, and Woj reported LA has his preferred destination earlier today.  Nothing yet saying he'd only re-sign in LA though.

Los Angeles includes the Clippers as well.

Honest opinion,

Kawhi, LeBron, and PG13 go to LAL, the NBA takes a HUGEEE rating loss. It would hurt the league big time, basically just made the other 28 teams irrelevant. Much of the east coast would not tune in anymore.

As a league, best case scenerio is Kawhi and PG13 to LAL and LeBron stays in the East and teams up with another superstar in Cleveland, Boston, or Philly

Just now, FEARtheELF said:

Honest opinion,

Kawhi, LeBron, and PG13 go to LAL, the NBA takes a HUGEEE rating loss. It would hurt the league big time, basically just made the other 28 teams irrelevant. Much of the east coast would not tune in anymore.

As a league, best case scenerio is Kawhi and PG13 to LAL and LeBron stays in the East and teams up with another superstar in Cleveland, Boston, or Philly

No it wouldn't.  The Los Angeles Lakers being a power house... that's what the NBA wants.  They don't care about most of the other teams being competitive.  Most of the east coast wouldn't tune in?  Everyone would tune in.

1 minute ago, FEARtheELF said:

Honest opinion,

No chance. The Lakers being a beast again will only boost the ratings and then imagine if you get a Lakers vs Celtics finals again? The ratings this year sucked because everyone knew the Cavs were over matched in the finals and the result was inevitable. But Warriors vs Lakers in the WCFs or Warriors vs Celtics in the finals or Lakers vs Celtics in the finals is going to set some ratings records. 

Archived