2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

14 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

True on both counts.  Pop was taking not so subtle shots all season.

The Lakers need to move fast...just don't include Ingram.  If they trade for Leonard first then LeBron + PG13 is on the table in free agency.

A finishing lineup of...

LeBron
Hart/free agent with the room MLE
PG13
Ingram
Leonard

...is deadly and would be an absolutely amazing lineup going against Golden State.

That's actually a really good starting five.  Would be amazing.  Bench?  I guess they'll just fill it with a bunch of vets and ring chasers.

Just now, showtime said:

No it wouldn't.  The Los Angeles Lakers being a power house... that's what the NBA wants.  They don't care about most of the other teams being competitive.  Most of the east coast wouldn't tune in?  Everyone would tune in.

I know they want the Lakers to be a powerhouse but they need a power in the East too. aka Boston.

I feel the league dreams about either LeBron or Kawhi in Boston and the other along with PG13 in LA

2 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Honest opinion,

Kawhi, LeBron, and PG13 go to LAL, the NBA takes a HUGEEE rating loss. It would hurt the league big time, basically just made the other 28 teams irrelevant. Much of the east coast would not tune in anymore.

As a league, best case scenerio is Kawhi and PG13 to LAL and LeBron stays in the East and teams up with another superstar in Cleveland, Boston, or Philly

People would want to see the Warriors go down. Plus people are gonna watch Lebron on the Lakers for sure.

1 minute ago, RandomCampBody said:

What money would be left for the rest of the squad?

This year?  The Room MLE (about $4.5 million) and veteran minimum contracts.  That'd leave...

LeBron
Leonard
PG13
Ingram
Hart
Zubac
Room MLE

Just now, FEARtheELF said:

I know they want the Lakers to be a powerhouse but they need a power in the East too. aka Boston.

I feel the league dreams about either LeBron or Kawhi in Boston and the other along with PG13 in LA

Boston is going to be really good next season when they are healthy.  The 76ers are also a very good team.  Like, this scenario is a dream come true for the League.  And it's not really that far from how the NBA has always been.  There's always like 2-3 teams who are actual true title contenders, several really good teams and then the rest of the league sucks.

Someone answer me this.  LeBron is already a global icon.  Do you guys think Los Angeles makes LeBron's brand even bigger than it is right now?  How does Los Angeles positively impact him off of the court?  I'm just curious because he's already so iconic, would playing in a mega market help him that much?

For someone like Kawhi Leonard, it would be a huge boost for him.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

That's actually a really good starting five.  Would be amazing.  Bench?  I guess they'll just fill it with a bunch of vets and ring chasers.

Start Zubac or free agent C (Nerlens Noel, Alex Len, Kyle O'Quinn) at the 5 and Hart as the 6th man.  

Just now, showtime said:

Boston is going to be really good next season when they are healthy.  The 76ers are also a very good team.  Like, this scenario is a dream come true for the League.  And it's not really that far from how the NBA has always been.  There's always like 2-3 teams who are actual true title contenders, several really good teams and then the rest of the league sucks.

I agree. I probably came off too strong. I am just saying that ideally Kawhi or LeBron ends up in Boston or Philly. Keeping a top 5 player in the east still

27 minutes ago, showtime said:

Why do you say this?  Was it reported somewhere or is it just a feeling you have?

Yeah he's from LA and multiple reporters have reported he wants to be in LA. Idk if that just means he wants to play for the Lakers or if the Clippers could be in the mix too, personally I see the former being the main option.

23 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Honest opinion,

Kawhi, LeBron, and PG13 go to LAL, the NBA takes a HUGEEE rating loss. It would hurt the league big time, basically just made the other 28 teams irrelevant. Much of the east coast would not tune in anymore.

As a league, best case scenerio is Kawhi and PG13 to LAL and LeBron stays in the East and teams up with another superstar in Cleveland, Boston, or Philly

I don't think so. Especially if Boston stays healthy you are almost guaranteed they make it out of the East, and the Lakers would also have a strong chance of making it out of the West. Boston vs. LAL is a dream scenario for the NBA.

Archived