2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Celtics are already going to be a MAJOR problem, but give them Kawhi and then they become co-favorites to win it all. May even become favorites if they keep Kyrie. 

What would some potential trades be if they keep Kyrie?  Obviously draft picks and maybe Gordon Hayward, but what else?  If I'm Leonard, my #1 spot would be Boston.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

What would some potential trades be if they keep Kyrie?  Obviously draft picks and maybe Gordon Hayward, but what else?  If I'm Leonard, my #1 spot would be Boston.

Mine would be too, but I'm not trading anything for Leonard unless he signs an extension first.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hayward and the Kings 2019 pick which will almost certainly be in the top 10? 

The Spurs would have to throw in Patty Mills as well.

They could try to do it with just salary filler and draft picks.  If they trade before July 1st, it would go:

Morris
Baynes
Monroe
Yabusele/Rozier
2019 Kings pick
2019 Grizzlies pick

Just now, seminoles1 said:

The Spurs would have to throw in Patty Mills as well.

They could try to do it with just salary filler and draft picks.  If they trade before July 1st, it would go:

Morris
Baynes
Monroe
Yabusele/Rozier
2019 Kings pick
2019 Grizzlies pick

That's it?  That's a bunch of garbage for an elite player.  Damn.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hayward and the Kings 2019 pick which will almost certainly be in the top 10? 

Could add in Rozier and Yabusele too if they really wanted to make it happen.

Crazy thing is if they do trade those 3 guys and just add Kawhi, they dont lose any depth from the playoff roster

Just now, showtime said:

Pop is one of the reason Leonard probably wants out, though.

People expect Pop to retire soon. Some expect his last year to be the year before the Olympics. Maybe Kawhi doesn't want to be around post-Pop?

Just now, showtime said:

That's it?  That's a bunch of garbage for an elite player.  Damn.

That's the only way to do it without losing Kyrie or Hayward, and if they trade Hayward, then the Spurs have to trade Patty Mills as well.  The Spurs/Pop love Patty, so they'd want more than just Hayward and the Kings' pick.

3 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Could add in Rozier and Yabusele too if they really wanted to make it happen.

Crazy thing is if they do trade those 3 guys and just add Kawhi, they dont lose any depth from the playoff roster

Yep, that team would be insanely talented. That finals vs the Warriors would be SPECIAL. 

I think a healthy Celtics team with Kawhi Leonard would beat the Warriors.  If Leonard did go to the Celtics, where does LeBron go?  To the Lakers with Paul George or does LeBron try and muscle his way as a package deal with Leonard?

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I think a healthy Celtics team with Kawhi Leonard would beat the Warriors.  If Leonard did go to the Celtics, where does LeBron go?  To the Lakers with Paul George or does LeBron try and muscle his way as a package deal with Leonard?

LeBron/Kawhi/Brown/Tatum/Horford? What are doing now? Don't we want the NBA to be competitive? Don't we want some parity???

Jk, but I don't see that happening. He probably still goes to the Lakers or possibly would join a team like the 76ers. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep, that team would be insanely talented. That finals vs the Warriors would be SPECIAL. 

I wonder if they could talk Avery Bradley back?

Irving/Larkin

Brown/Bradley

Kawhi/Ojeleye

Tatum/Morris

Horford/Baynes

Archived