2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

I think a healthy Celtics team with Kawhi Leonard would beat the Warriors.  If Leonard did go to the Celtics, where does LeBron go?  To the Lakers with Paul George or does LeBron try and muscle his way as a package deal with Leonard?

That would probably have to be Irving being traded for Kawhi and Heyward and Morris going to Cleveland in a S&T

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Kawhi isn’t signing anywhere long term unless it’s in LA. Any other team is getting a 1 year rental 

Even then, he's not re-signing with him.  Players take paycuts if they sign extensions.  If they wait until their contract expires, they make more money.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

This year?  The Room MLE (about $4.5 million) and veteran minimum contracts.  That'd leave...

LeBron
Leonard
PG13
Ingram
Hart
Zubac
Room MLE

They'd probably throw that Room MLE at Nerlens Noel.  Probably run an Ingram/PG/Kawhi/LeBron/Noel lineup.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Someone answer me this.  LeBron is already a global icon.  Do you guys think Los Angeles makes LeBron's brand even bigger than it is right now?  How does Los Angeles positively impact him off of the court?  I'm just curious because he's already so iconic, would playing in a mega market help him that much?

For someone like Kawhi Leonard, it would be a huge boost for him.

For LeBron, I think it's more about setting himself up post-basketball.  I mean, didn't Kevin Durant talk about how Golden State set him up with the technology part of his career?

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hayward and the Kings 2019 pick which will almost certainly be in the top 10? 

Any value that Kings pick has is completely negated by Hayward's contract coming off that gruesome injury.  That might even be negative value for San Antonio.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

For LeBron, I think it's more about setting himself up post-basketball.  I mean, didn't Kevin Durant talk about how Golden State set him up with the technology part of his career?

Him and his agent said that it played no part. It was just an available luxury once they made their decision. 

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Any value that Kings pick has is completely negated by Hayward's contract coming off that gruesome injury.  That might even be negative value for San Antonio.

you telling me GH has negative value? c'mon now

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

you telling me GH has negative value? c'mon now

IF he would have played even a single minutes of basketball post-surgery, no.  But he's rehabbing and we have no idea how it's going to affect him.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Don't see it. If he would have had a torn Achilles then you would have concerns. He should be fine with damn near 12 months of recovery after his gruesome injury. 

7 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Yes.

Lonzo, Kuzma, Deng, and 2020 1st for Leonard and Lauvergne/Forbes.

Then sign LeBron and PG13 as free agents.

I think it's no dice without Ingram. Replace Lonzo or Kuzma with Ingram. Also, I'm not taking Luol Deng's contract if I'm the Spurs.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Don't see it. If he would have had a torn Achilles then you would have concerns. He should be fine with damn near 12 months of recovery after his gruesome injury. 

Agreed. Hayward + Sac 1st is probably the best offer the Spurs can get.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Agreed. Hayward + Sac 1st is probably the best offer the Spurs can get.

Pop got 47 wins with no Kawhi this year. Give him Hayward and they are winning 52-55 once again and then he likely gets a top three pick the following year. Very good deal if it could happen, but man that would be cold blooded for Stevens to part way with his guy Hayward lol. 

Archived