What are the greatest free agent signings in history?

CP3MVP

50 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Any answer other than Brees is wrong. Let's not be silly.

Yeah, you can't argue against Drew Brees' impact off-the-field as well as on it. Him and Reggie White might be comparable with on-field impact (and even that's a stretch tbh because Brees is a HOF QB which holds more weight than a DE), but Brees coming to NO practically saved that damn city.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Brees was a 15-year, HOF starter for the Saints.  I guess I can maybe see the argument if Brady wins another Super Bowl but Brees longevity alone with the Saints would put him over Brady (as a FA signing) without question for me.  Unless Brady ends up playing 4-5 more years.

2 superbowls>1 though. 

Brady is already a top 5 free agent signing ever, another Super Bowl puts him in the number one discussion. 

Edited by CP3MVP

If Brady wins another one, he is the best FA signing ever. Right now, he is probably closer to 3 as I would put Brees and Reggie White before him. 

Actually, even if he doesnt win another SB and just makes it to a championship game next year, he probably is the best FA signing ever.