Titans release CB Adoree Jackson & RT Dennis Kelly

ttitansfan4life

Just now, dtait93 said:

Does it say anything that we haven't retained any of the 1st rounders Robinson has drafted? Conklin, Davis, Jackson, all gone and Evans doesn't look far behind.

Yeah, it says a lot. These are supposed to be foundational pieces to the team.

2 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

I don't get it

8 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

What a weird thread to wake up to this morning. Was not expecting this in the least. I didn't think we could surpass last offseason in ineptitude but Vrable and JRob are giving it a run for its money.

Just last summer, Adoree was voted #4 our top 10 Titan player poll. We all agreed he was our clear cut #1 CB. One year where he battled a weird injury and he’s cut. Then add that we cut our starting RT which leaves another glaring hole on the roster at RT, and I’m just like “huh???”.

Maybe when it’s all said and done we end up with Riley Rieff or Stephon Gilmore or we draft a Jaycee Horn, but right now it truly feels like JRob has destroyed all the good fortune he’s build for himself the past 5 years. I’d love nothing more than for him, Vrabel and Bowen to prove us all wrong and make us all eat crow. Right now it’s a bleak feeling though.

So I can't remember exactly what Adoree's injury came out to be from the PK article but when I read what it was out kind of scared me. Something like tendonitis in his knee or quad. That's not a good thing to have on an athlete that is dependant on speed and quick twitch. 

Just like the Dupree signing I'm more than willing to wait and see but I'm not thrilled with the start of this free agency. Dupree coming off the acl, getting rid of 2 staying corners, not retaining either CD or Jonnu (albeit Jonnu was very pricey). Having Jayon leave (hoping somehow he comes back still). Again I'm so for setting how it plays out as this isn't the final product but the start of still worrisome. 

I don't get Kelly getting released either. Seemed like he wasn't causing any harm contract wise.

However, many of you felt he wasn't worthy as a RT.  Simply a backup playing full time. I don't agree but that was the vibe by a few, maybe more. 

I don't think it leaves as big a hole, not any bigger than it was before he was released.  Lamm paid in a way that he will be competing or playing some RT. 
I feel RT isn't any bigger need than it was with Kelly.  Could use an upgrade but there is a body penciled in. 

56 minutes ago, Daniel said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.musiccitymiracles.com/platform/amp/2021/3/17/22335337/could-adoree-jacksons-release-be-attitude-related

Terry McCormick said that the Titans weren’t happy with how Jackson handled rehab for the 2020 injury.

Could be part of why he was released.

This makes a lot of sense, honestly. It made no sense why he missed so much time, and even with all that rest when he came back he was pretty garbage.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I don't get Kelly getting released either. Seemed like he wasn't causing any harm contract wise.

However, many of you felt he wasn't worthy as a RT.  Simply a backup playing full time. I don't agree but that was the vibe by a few, maybe more. 

I don't think it leaves as big a hole, not any bigger than it was before he was released.  Lamm paid in a way that he will be competing or playing some RT. 
I feel RT isn't any bigger need than it was with Kelly.  Could use an upgrade but there is a body penciled in. 

I mean, using a first round pick on a RT last year tells us that the Titans didn't think Kelly was much of a long term solution.  Lamm is three years younger, and....used to be on the Texans when Vrabel was there.  I think replacing Kelly was a goal they didn't want to abandon, and once they signed Lamm, it became a way to free up more money to replace all the other pieces that needed replacing.

I don't necessarily agree with that, but it at least makes sense.

37 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

This makes a lot of sense, honestly. It made no sense why he missed so much time, and even with all that rest when he came back he was pretty garbage.

Yeah.  I wasn't holding anything against him for playing like crap after missing nearly all season with injury, but the article makes sense.  If the Titans feel like he was being lazy about rehabbing, and that led to him playing like crap, then cutting him to free up that money makes sense.

I still don't like the complete overhaul during a brief Henry/Tannehill/AJ on a rookie deal window.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I find it hard to believe that CB won’t be one of the picks in the first 3 rounds. Hell, probably even higher. Currently have no nickel CB. A 32 year old and a 2nd year player who missed most of his rookie year and didn’t look very good when he played. Very, very thin.