Bears sign Andy Dalton

Dalton is a turnover machine.

The differences between Mitch, Foles, and Dalton are so minute that it doesn't even really matter in the scheme of things since neither are good enough to make any significant difference without a loaded roster.  The results will be the same.

All of them are career backup QBs, and none of them are starting quality.  Mitch has the most potential but only because he's the youngest. Other than that though....

main-qimg-8da689ce1e10f03c5e70d0f3804e23

robert-mohns-gif.gif

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Dalton is a turnover machine.

The differences between Mitch, Foles, and Dalton are so minute that it doesn't even really matter in the scheme of things since neither are good enough to make any significant difference without a loaded roster.  The results will be the same.

All of them are career backup QBs, and none of them are starting quality.  Mitch has the most potential but only because he's the youngest. Other than that though....

main-qimg-8da689ce1e10f03c5e70d0f3804e23

robert-mohns-gif.gif

When has Dalton ever had a loaded roster?  He's had the exact opposite literally his entire career. Other than AJ Green the Bengals did nothing to help him, ever. 

2 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

When has Dalton ever had a loaded roster?  He's had the exact opposite literally his entire career. Other than AJ Green the Bengals did nothing to help him, ever. 

See his first 3-5 early years in Cincy.

4 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

See his first 3-5 early years in Cincy.

Who?

Whitworth AJ Green 

Didn't they have Gresham and Eifert and they both were busts. Sanu proven he was a bust (like Juju) the second he left. 

2 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Who?

Whitworth AJ Green 

Didn't they have Gresham and Eifert and they both were busts. Sanu proven he was a bust (like Juju) the second he left. 

AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Sanu, Gresham, Efiert, Benson, Bernard, good OL, great defense.

They weren't busts at all. Well....that depends on your definition. They just couldn't stay healthy.

Edited by JAF-N72EX
20 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Sanu, Gresham, Efiert, Benson, Bernard, good OL, great defense.

They weren't busts at all. Well....that depends on your definition. They just couldn't stay healthy.

Andre Smith too I think. None of those players were give or take better than par for the course at their positions other than Green and Whitworth. Dalton also played well with those guys. 3 pro bowls. He's always been solid.

I agree with your premise is but I think Dalton is in a different tier. He's a guy that with the same roster Mitch had we can win 1-2 more games and be a solid wildcard candidate with a chance to get lucky in the playoffs.  With Mitch and Foles we got in cause they added an extra team to the playoffs and we knew we were losing round 1. 

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

There is only 3 ways that  this season does not turn into another mediocre mess

1. Waton

2. Wilson

3. Hit on a 1st round QB

It'll have to be door #3. Wilson isn't happening, and with all these mounting legal issues, I'd imagine nobody is trading for Watson this season, either. 

As far as what round they draft a guy, I don't know. I guess if Pace has to settle for Trask or Mills it would be cool if he traded back up into the end of the first, get that extra year. Ensure he gets his guy. 

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

There is only 3 ways that  this season does not turn into another mediocre mess

1. Waton

2. Wilson

3. Hit on a 1st round QB

If this is anyone's mindset then of course you're going to be greatly disappointed. Watson is in the middle of a rape allegation and isn't even available.  Wilson also isn't available. Where we pick it's going to be very hard to get that. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

If this is anyone's mindset then of course you're going to be greatly disappointed. Watson is in the middle of a rape allegation and isn't even available.  Wilson also isn't available. Where we pick it's going to be very hard to get that. 

Lance might fall, Pace could trade up and get him. Trask, Mills, and Mond should be within reach, even if he needs to do a trade up in (or from) the second round. 

21 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Lance might fall, Pace could trade up and get him. Trask, Mills, and Mond should be within reach, even if he needs to do a trade up in (or from) the second round. 

I don't like Lance in a trade up cause it's gonna cost. I'll lie to myself if we took him but I'm not sold. I would take a QB at 20 if it's not Mac Jones. I'll "reach" I don't care. Risking it for a QB is worth it.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

I don't like Lance in a trade up cause it's gonna cost. I'll lie to myself if we took him but I'm not sold. I would take a QB at 20 if it's not Mac Jones. I'll "reach" I don't care. Risking it for a QB is worth it.

I'm not a big Lance fan, either. But that's just because he's an unknown from a small school. Meaning--I'm not convinced he'll be a bust or anything, he's simply a guy the Bears should stay away from. That doesn't mean Pace will, though.

Right now, I'm thinking the (most realistic) best case scenario is drafting an O lineman at #20, then trading up into the last of the first (or beginning of the second) for Trask or Mills. Even if it costs this year's third, I think it would be worth it. 

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Schefter's been wrong in the past, but it's rare, and he has all but guaranteed 4 QB's are going in the top 6. I guess they could go from 20 to 6, but for Lance? That'd be quite the gamble

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Schefter's been wrong in the past, but it's rare, and he has all but guaranteed 4 QB's are going in the top 6. I guess they could go from 20 to 6, but for Lance? That'd be quite the gamble

Jones might leapfrog Lance. 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm not a big Lance fan, either. But that's just because he's an unknown from a small school. Meaning--I'm not convinced he'll be a bust or anything, he's simply a guy the Bears should stay away from. That doesn't mean Pace will, though.

Right now, I'm thinking the (most realistic) best case scenario is drafting an O lineman at #20, then trading up into the last of the first (or beginning of the second) for Trask or Mills. Even if it costs this year's third, I think it would be worth it. 

Lance is a lot like Mahomes.  It's a 1 in a million but if it hits. Look out. Mac Jones just doesn't look the part. His year was too easy to risk it.  I would take Trask before Jones.