Bears sign Andy Dalton

beardown3231

Pace and Nagy - are rolling with Dalton and Foles.

Too funny.

They must have been told to go pound sand on Wilson and Watson.  

Here is their only hope now:

Load the team whatever the cost.  They need a pro bowl LT for starters.    Nagy needs to channel his inner John Fox and run the ball.   Load the O line and make the team Montgomery's.  

At least now they can't mortgage future - Bright side.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I feel for yah, Bears fans.  Foles and Dalton.  

I think Foles contract is such that if released, he actually costs more against the cap.  Dalton got guaranteed dollars.

Maybe there is still hope that a QB will fall, or Pace has a master plan to move up for one.

It’s crazy to me watching people on the packers forum b!tch and moan about Aaron Rodgers. They don’t know what they’re in for. Even then, it’ll probably still be better than what the Bears put on the field, fml

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Pace and Nagy - are rolling with Dalton and Foles.

Too funny.

They must have been told to go pound sand on Wilson and Watson.  

Load the team whatever the cost.  They need a pro bowl LT for starters.    Nagy needs to channel his inner John Fox and run the ball.   Load the O line and make the team Montgomery's.  

Oh yeah definitely don't mortgage the future. That would be awful. Pace will 100% crush those 1st rounders!!

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Oh yeah definitely don't mortgage the future. That would be awful. Pace will 100% crush those 1st rounders!!

He has 1 more to make in all likelihood unless he trades it for a position player.   Maybe Orlando Brown.  

6 minutes ago, malak1 said:

It’s crazy to me watching people on the packers forum b!tch and moan about Aaron Rodgers. They don’t know what they’re in for. Even then, it’ll probably still be better than what the Bears put on the field, fml

To be fair there was much complaining from many of us concerning Rodgers prior to last year.  He had regressed for 3 years.

Then he turned it around big time.  Now the only complaining is coming from someone (whom I like) and that is because of how much money Rodgers makes compared to the cap.  Then look at SB winners and how much their QB's make against the cap.

I think pretty much all of us are thrilled with how Rodgers elevated his play this past year.  So much so that we are thinking he gets extended and makes the Love pick look even more foolish.  Which...is all part of the Master Aaron Rodgers plan.  Dude can play till he's 45 in this offense.  In our old Mac offense, he'd be done right about now.

I still root for the Bears in all but two games a year.  Three in a special season.  Wish you could figure out the QB situation.  Hoping you find a kid to draft and develop.

15 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

They're going to try to trade up for a rookie. Future mortgaging still well in play. 

They'll try to shuffle cap to sign Trent Williams or Riley Rieff. 

Edited by Heinz D.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

To be fair there was much complaining from many of us concerning Rodgers prior to last year.  He had regressed for 3 years.

Then he turned it around big time.  Now the only complaining is coming from someone (whom I like) and that is because of how much money Rodgers makes compared to the cap.  Then look at SB winners and how much their QB's make against the cap.

I think pretty much all of us are thrilled with how Rodgers elevated his play this past year.  So much so that we are thinking he gets extended and makes the Love pick look even more foolish.  Which...is all part of the Master Aaron Rodgers plan.  Dude can play till he's 45 in this offense.  In our old Mac offense, he'd be done right about now.

I still root for the Bears in all but two games a year.  Three in a special season.  Wish you could figure out the QB situation.  Hoping you find a kid to draft and develop.

Kinda funny you drafted a QB and RB (1 and 2) in a year you were a hair from SB title and one year later they are after thoughts.

You guys could have set records with a trade up for Jefferson last year to pair with Adams.  

But anyone saying they knew Rodgers was going to play like that is lying.

Just now, dll2000 said:

I feel bad for Dalton.  

He will get opposite of love from fans and not his fault.

As he should becaus he's not good.

He knows what he's getting into though...not as if he cares because he's banking a lot of money to come here 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

They're going to try to trade up for a rookie. Future mortgaging still well in play. 

They'll to shuffle cap to sign Trent Williams or Riley Rieff. 

I doubt it.   Even Peyton Manning was bad in his first year.  Most rookies are.

A trade up for a rookie QB is a likely throat cutter.   Better to load the team as much as possible and hope Dalton or Foles gets it done.

Lol i figured this would happen.  All this talk about trading for watson, wilson, etc and then we get handed Andy Dalton.

I don’t think this move makes it impossible that they could still make a big move, but I don’t see it happening.  My guess is they were either told that Wilson is not being traded, or the price was just too high for the Bears.

What does scare me is that this move may signify that Pace and Nagy have more job security than we all think.

• Like 1