Bears sign Andy Dalton

I am officially asking to be traded to a different team

We now have two backup QBs.  We signed a QB that is significantly worse than the QB we're letting walk.  We are likely going to lock up that stat of having two of the worst QBs to start games in 2021, just like last year. 

Of all the possible moves to make I don't know how you get here unless it's part of some trade for a QB.  The move-JUST LIKE LAST YEAR-would be to be patient if you can't get a QB early in FA. Let other teams panic and sign the Daltons, trade for the Foleseses of the world. Instead here we are, paying 16m for two QBs that both suck. 

Prop bet: I would bet a nice twelve pack that there is a news story about either Pace/Nagy/McCaskey getting cussed out in public this season.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I doubt it.   Even Peyton Manning was bad in his first year.  Most rookies are.

A trade up for a rookie QB is a likely throat cutter.   Better to load the team as much as possible and hope Dalton or Foles gets it done.

They're not banking on Andy Dalton providing them hope for the future. Or winning them a Super Bowl. 

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Kinda funny you drafted a QB and RB (1 and 2) in a year you were a hair from SB title and one year later they are after thoughts.

You guys could have set records with a trade up for Jefferson last year to pair with Adams.  

But anyone saying they knew Rodgers was going to play like that is lying.

I think MLF wants at least two running backs.  Dillon is going to be great as the Thunder.  Jones is the Lightning and they will play together with Jones in the Jet motion role.  In no way is Dillon an afterthought.  He's gonna be a hammer.

Hindsight, though....I LOVED Jefferson coming out.  I think the trade was too rich to get him and there's no way Minny was trading with GB, so GB would have to have traded above Minnesota.

I thought Love was worthy of the first round pick, due to his play and attributes.  Add to that a (at the time) declining Rodgers, who had really poor, Jay Cutler-esque mannerisms on the field and it made sense.

Rodgers turned it around last year to make the pick look foolish.  We should have traded out, moved down and taken Claypool or some other WR.  

Love wise, he was terrible last year.  Not that we saw it much, but I have a friend who has family ties to the NFL.  He said that Love was the QB throwing to WR's who were brought in for workouts...and he was bad.  Terribly inaccurate.  So, we shall see what happens with him.  Rodgers was poor his first two seasons in GB as well.  Talking camp and pre-season.

11 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

But anyone saying they knew Rodgers was going to play like that is lying.

This ^^^

I dont have a problem with the Love pick....and anybody who says the selection of Love had nothing to do with the turnaround in Rodger's play...has an agenda. 

GB's sitting pretty IMO.  AR's play got us to the NFCCG....and his play (or the lack of a Rd 1 WR) didnt cost us the game.

Love's a missing link far as I'm concerned. I've not watched hours and hours of his college play. No. I'm simply going to rely on the GB talent evaluators getting it right.  Till he gets his shot and falls flat....those evaluators get the benefit of my doubt.

Till then.....AR's running things. Not a problem.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I feel bad for Dalton.  

He will get opposite of love from fans and not his fault.

He's going to be overpaid to suck. It could be much worse. Lol

I'm indifferent. Pace has not shown an eye for QB talent and Nagy failed colossally in developing his franchise QB, so it was elite QB or bust to me, and it's rare to see an elite QB moved. We likely will still be in the running for a QB in the draft but we're paying two back ups way too much. 

I'm still kinda hoping the season falls apart to get new people in. 6 years in and we're looking at Foles and Dalton fighting to be our QB1 is embarrassing for Pace. 

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

This ^^^

I dont have a problem with the Love pick....and anybody who says the selection of Love had nothing to do with the turnaround in Rodger's play...has an agenda. 

GB's sitting pretty IMO.  AR's play got us to the NFCCG....and his play (or the lack of a Rd 1 WR) didnt cost us the game.

Love's a missing link far as I'm concerned. I've not watched hours and hours of his college play. No. I'm simply going to rely on the GB talent evaluators getting it right.  Till he gets his shot and falls flat....those evaluators get the benefit of my doubt.

Till then.....AR's running things. Not a problem.

@vegas492

Now you have Dalton to contend with *******.  

• Like 2

Yah know?  Chicago could have signed Tim Boyle.  He's not lost a game that he's ever played in while in the NFL.

And, all funnies aside, he's not too shabby.  Had a few strong camps in GB.  Totally worth a look.

I don't even understand why you would give Dalton $10MM when you have the same player in Foles. How much money do we have invested in the quarterback position in 2021? It's going to be a QB carousel of complete crap.

Just now, dll2000 said:

@vegas492

Now you have Dalton to contend with *******.  

It is what it is. Get your OL fixed and he's capable of giving you steady play. He left what dynamic qualities he had back in Cincy - but as a game manager (?) you could do worse.  Fix the OL and you'll be okay. What the future holds.......dont sweat it till its time.

• Like 2
Just now, vegas492 said:

Fix that line and I don't think he will be terrible. 

But honestly, if the line was fixed, I think Mitch is better.

I begged Bears to draft Laremy Tunsil, Orlando Brown and sign Conklin in FA.   They never listen to me.  I don't know why I bother to post on the interweb.

• Like 2

This post is not meant to rub salt in the wound, I do feel for you.  

But, the front office was one player evaluation from being geniuses.  Watson or Mahomes over Mitch.

You got the defensive gamewrecker.  He made everything better.  You have and had the defense to contend for a SB.  All you needed was good QB play.  And there were two guys there that would have given you that.  Had Mitch panned out, or had the front office taken one of the other two guys, GB and the entire NFC would be chasing you still to this day.

• Like 2

There is like no possible way this works out.

Same way there was no possible way Mitch Trubisky would be BETTER than Watson. Even if you didnt buy the Watson hype, you think Mitch was gonna be the best QB of that class???

This is just dumb....you just saw Tom Brady win the NFC, and the answer is Dalton?.....Pace has a serious QB blind spot....I dont hate him, but he has a blind spot for the most important position

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I begged Bears to draft Laremy Tunsil, Orlando Brown and sign Conklin in FA.   They never listen to me.  I don't know why I bother to post on the interweb.

The only time I remember thinking Chicago made a "smart" move on the o-line was when GB outsmarted Chicago and traded up for Spriggs, leaving you with Whitehair.  Whitehair was the better football player and could play all three positions inside.  Spriggs was a workout warrior at the combine, but his tape was meh.  

I was not happy with that one at the time.  Stings more today.

• Like 1