Bears sign Andy Dalton

beardown3231

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

They they are done...no if or buts unless Dalton has some miracle season. 

Keeping him was a massive mistake. This thing should have been a soft rebuild. Instead we get more miserable desperation moves with no real path to be competitive.

Dalton is the definition of average. That's why the 'Dalton Line' is named after him. And that was in his prime. He's not going to win a Superbowl so really what's the point of him? To save Pace and Nagy's job. 

I'd rather have Minshew or Darnold, at least they have upside. 

Now the only hope is trusting Pace to trade up in the draft, mortgaging the future. The same Pace who has shown a lack of judgement at choosing QBs. 

The Bears needed to rebuild, not sign Dalton and let Ryan Pace shackle the Bears to a rookie QB before he's kicked out the door.  The McCaskey's are a joke. 

40 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Dalton and Foles are statistically very similar, and Dalton at his peak was not as good as Foles. Add all the weapons you want, Andy Dalton was never that good.

Career stats mean nothing and what these guys did at the physical peaks mean less. Foles has aged worse than any QB I can remember. He can barely get it over 50 yards. He's also much more of a gunslinger than Dalton. Foles' mind and body are light years apart. I love Foles' confidence but he physically can't get it done. Dalton is better at everything. We also have a good QB room to groom our draft pick. 

48 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

And if we can’t?

Then we're down to Trask...or, possibly, a Minshew or Darnold reclamation project. 

If that fails...we both get what we want. Well, hopefully. 

30 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

I'm good with this. Best QB we've had in years and gave up no picks.  Our QB room doesn't have to draw up plays in crayon for Trubisky.

Well, if the other part of the plan works, then we're fine. 

24 minutes ago, British said:

Dalton is the definition of average. That's why the 'Dalton Line' is named after him. And that was in his prime. He's not going to win a Superbowl so really what's the point of him? To save Pace and Nagy's job. 

I'd rather have Minshew or Darnold, at least they have upside. 

Now the only hope is trusting Pace to trade up in the draft, mortgaging the future. The same Pace who has shown a lack of judgement at choosing QBs. 

The Bears needed to rebuild, not sign Dalton and let Ryan Pace shackle the Bears to a rookie QB before he's kicked out the door.  The McCaskey's are a joke. 

Minshew or Darnold would have been the better move. Bears still may go there. We'll see.

It's too bad it ever came to this. The Bears should have carried three quarterbacks this whole time. They should have picked up a young guy the instant there was any smidgen of doubt about Trubisky. They should have traded Trubisky the day after he was benched. 

It's all a joke. 

16 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

What? The point is he has made 4 real moves at QB and they have all been garbage.

Should I get some crayons and explain it?

Please do. 

Is this one better. Favre Rodgers Love. Love is a guaranteed SB champ and first ballot HOFer then right?