Bears sign Andy Dalton

beardown3231

37 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Then we're down to Trask...or, possibly, a Minshew or Darnold reclamation project. 

If that fails...we both get what we want. Well, hopefully. 

Well, if the other part of the plan works, then we're fine. 

Minshew or Darnold would have been the better move. Bears still may go there. We'll see.

It's too bad it ever came to this. The Bears should have carried three quarterbacks this whole time. They should have picked up a young guy the instant there was any smidgen of doubt about Trubisky. They should have traded Trubisky the day after he was benched. 

It's all a joke. 

Yep. This is why if you don't have a QB you should do all you can to find one. Including drafting them regularly until you get one. 

This is why the Packers drafted Love. If he doesn't work out then it's just another first round pick that doesn't pan out. But that pick is designed to avoid having a QB tandem of Dalton and Foles someday. 

The question is will Pace be given the go ahead to have another swing at QB this year?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

No, but 2 of those guys are Super Bowl champs and MVPs.

So, yes it is better.

Are you sitting on your keyboard or are you trying to say something?  Did you really just list QBs names for no reason other than to just list their names?  You weren't trying to say that since Pace acquired them that their is some similarity? 

9 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

His point was the quality of the QBs.  Now he's changing his point to make it seem like he was just listing their names. It's hard to make sense of it if you change your point.

I was saying every QB Pace has acquired SUCKS.

The message never changed.

Look at that list... it is obvious.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, British said:

Yep. This is why if you don't have a QB you should do all you can to find one. Including drafting them regularly until you get one. 

Even in the Bears not-so-storied past, if they made a move for a QB, and it didn't look like it was going to work out, they started exploring other options. Quickly.

Just now, WindyCity said:

I was saying every QB Pace has acquired SUCKS.

The message never changed.

Look at that list... it is obvious.

So far yes. He's also really only went 0/1 imo.  We knew Glennon was just a place holder for Tru.  Foles was a bandaid that fell off. Everyone wants to cry over spilled milk. We upgraded the QB position whether you like it or not. Wilson and Watson don't seem to be available.  We can't kidnap a QB. 

• Like 1

If the front office wasn’t on the hot seat, I might’ve suspected this signing was a stealth tank job, so they can earn a high draft pick next year. But no reason for the FO to do that when they probably would be gotten-rid-of before they can use that high pick. Just a weird signing. Seems like there are other mediocre QB’s they could have rolled the dice on that at least have more upside. 

ESPN and/or NFLN said the Bears made Seattle an offer for Russell Wilson, but they said RW wasn't going anywhere.   We were so focused on getting RW, that the FAQB market dried up and Dalton was the best QB available(even though the FAQB market wasn't that good to begin with)  Fitzpatrick(whos never been to the playoffs) went to WFT.  I always felt like were we going to trade up in the draft for a QB.  Dalton is an upgrade over Foles, but again, that's not saying much.  Also, I'm getting sick of signing QBs(Foles, Dalton) who have worked with an offensive coach before.  Foles didn't work out last year

1 minute ago, Bowler1215 said:

ESPN and/or NFLN said the Bears made Seattle an offer for Russell Wilson, but they said RW wasn't going anywhere.   We were so focused on getting RW, that the FAQB market dried up and Dalton was the best QB available(even though the FAQB market wasn't that good to begin with)  Fitzpatrick(whos never been to the playoffs) went to WFT.  I always felt like were we going to trade up in the draft for a QB.  Dalton is an upgrade over Foles, but again, that's not saying much.  Also, I'm getting sick of signing QBs(Foles, Dalton) who have worked with an offensive coach before.  Foles didn't work out last year

They weren't getting a quality free agent starter to begin with. There weren't any. 

Dalton will be insurance, and we'll see where they go from here. Nothing they've done in the last few years has given me much hope, but luckily for them, there are a lot of good rookies out there.

It'll be pathetic if Pace and Nagy stick around because of pure, DUMB luck...but that may end up being what happens. 

• Like 1

I hate this move.....

Why? because the pressure will be on for Pace to reach for Fields or Lance (I don't particularly like either, but I'd be less upset about the upside shot in the dark with Lance). Especially since Dalton is only a 1 year deal.

Pace and Nagy likely to burn this franchise for another 5 years because the owners didn't have the stones to fire them this year.

EDIT: Also.... Dalton has the exact same problem Foles had.... he needs a perfect pocket to work, and our OL sucks. Dalton isn't an upgrade to Foles, he's a distraction. Rookie is starting by week 6, and injured by week 12, Foles finishes the dumpster fire of a season out.

Edited by Epyon

What did everyone expect Russell Wilson?  I said this a few days ago. The bears were trying to buy a Ferrari with a 560 credit score.  This is honestly the best the bears could do in a year with no cap space and no draft capital.  It’s going to be foles dolton and a rookie. The season will go like this Foles starts the season goes 3 to 5 games sucks/gets hurt,  Dolton comes in 3 to 5 games sucks/gets hurt. Rookie finishes off the season.  

Also don’t believe the media.  Pace and Nagy aren’t on the hot seat. They are getting started with their two year rebuild that George and Ted bought hook line and sinker.