Bears sign Andy Dalton

beardown3231

1 minute ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

What did everyone expect Russell Wilson?  I said this a few days ago. The bears were trying to buy a Ferrari with a 560 credit score.  This is honestly the best the bears could do in a year with no cap space and no draft capital.  It’s going to be foles dolton and a rookie. The season will go like this Foles starts the season goes 3 to 5 games sucks/gets hurt,  Dolton comes in 3 to 5 games sucks/gets hurt. Rookie finishes off the season.  

Also don’t believe the media.  Pace and Nagy aren’t on the hot seat. They are getting started with their two year rebuild that George and Ted bought hook line and sinker. 

I didn't expect Wilson, but it seemed like there was a decent chance there, for a while.

If they can't get Mac Jones, or CAN get Fields or Lance, then Dalton is the starter. Trask is a wild card. I doubt Foles is on the squad come Opening Day. 

But then again, predicting how this ****show unfolds is getting harder by the hour. 😄

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

I didn't expect Wilson, but it seemed like there was a decent chance there, for a while.

If they can't get Mac Jones, or CAN get Fields or Lance, then Dalton is the starter. Trask is a wild card. I doubt Foles is on the squad come Opening Day. 

But then again, predicting how this ****show unfolds is getting harder by the hour. 😄

You should listen to 670 the score right now. People are irrationally pissed off becuase the media has been pumping them full of Russell Wilson fairy tails.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

You should listen to 670 the score right now. People are irrationally pissed off becuase the media has been pumping them full of Russell Wilson fairy tails.  

Wow. That's, like, totally nuts. Zoiks! 

Wilson was ALWAYS an outside shot. Any Bears fan who was pre-ordering Wilson jerseys is more than a little goofy. 

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

This is exactly what I was going to point out

Could have just made this same move a year ago without having to give up the comp 4th rounder for Foles who is now just a waste of cap space

Just absolutely dumb dumb dumb management

I used to like Pace but now I think he's in way over his head

7 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

This is exactly what I was going to point out

Could have just made this same move a year ago without having to give up the comp 4th rounder for Foles who is now just a waste of cap space

Just absolutely dumb dumb dumb management

I used to like Pace but now I think he's in way over his head

Pace made the Foles trade before Dalton hit the market, if I'm remembering things right.

Still...what you're saying is valid. The Foles trade was a desperation move. And Pace shouldn't have had to be desperate. Having Chase Daniel and Tyler Bray as your backups is stupid, stupid, stupid. Unless you have Aaron Rodgers as your starter, or something. 

7 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Pace made the Foles trade before Dalton hit the market, if I'm remembering things right.

Still...what you're saying is valid. The Foles trade was a desperation move. And Pace shouldn't have had to be desperate. Having Chase Daniel and Tyler Bray as your backups is stupid, stupid, stupid. Unless you have Aaron Rodgers as your starter, or something. 

Andy Dalton signed for $3M last year but Pace thought it'd be a good idea to pay him $10M THIS YEAR out of all years!!!!

GTFO Pace!  Such a bum move man SMH

I really hate this team sometimes

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Andy Dalton signed for $3M last year but Pace thought it'd be a good idea to pay him $10M THIS YEAR out of all years!!!!

GTFO Pace!  Such a bum move man SMH

I really hate this team sometimes

Yeah, the compensation is...puzzling. Maybe others were after Dalton, too?

Or maybe Pace was just paranoid there were others. 

I don't even know where to begin.  Is this rock bottom? I made a post mid season about when is enough enough.  Well I think this is it.  We are officially a joke of an organization.  Inept owners, inept team president,  inept GM, and an inept coach.  There's no upside here and no end in sight.  If they had any plans to fire Pace and Nagy it would have happened already. They will be here longer than you think.  What other org would keep these clowns after their multiple colossal failures. Every other organization would have fired them for the Trubisky fiasco. But not our Bears. Oh no, they double down on these idiots and repeatedly insult the intelligence of their fanbase. Russel Wilson pipe dream and Dalton realities. Same **** for 30 years. Literally rinse wash and repeat. These buffoons never learn from their mistakes and that may be the biggest problem of all. I quit the Sox when they cancelled the World Series, I quit the Bulls when Krauses ego was bigger than his gut causing him to break up the team and I'm quitting the Bears because of Andy Dalton. This is the epitome of Bears football and exactly why they have sucked for so damn long. It is just so Bears football. It is exactly what we all knew was realistically coming while wishfully dreaming of Wilson. We all knew this dissappointment was coming didn't we? Is anyone really surprised by this move? It's just so Chicago Bears. The dissappointments over the last 30 years outweigh any positives by a large large margin. Well I'm done being dissappointed and having my Sundays ruined.  See you all when Ginny dies. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pool said:

I don't even know where to begin.  Is this rock bottom? I made a post mid season about when is enough enough.  Well I think this is it.  We are officially a joke of an organization.  Inept owners, inept team president,  inept GM, and an inept coach.  There's no upside here and no end in sight.  If they had any plans to fire Pace and Nagy it would have happened already. They will be here longer than you think.  What other org would keep these clowns after their multiple colossal failures. Every other organization would have fired them for the Trubisky fiasco. But not our Bears. Oh no, they double down on these idiots and repeatedly insult the intelligence of their fanbase. Russel Wilson pipe dream and Dalton realities. Same **** for 30 years. Literally rinse wash and repeat. These buffoons never learn from their mistakes and that may be the biggest problem of all. I quit the Sox when they cancelled the World Series, I quit the Bulls when Krauses ego was bigger than his gut causing him to break up the team and I'm quitting the Bears because of Andy Dalton. This is the epitome of Bears football and exactly why they have sucked for so damn long. It is just so Bears football. It is exactly what we all knew was realistically coming while wishfully dreaming of Wilson. We all knew this dissappointment was coming didn't we? Is anyone really surprised by this move? It's just so Chicago Bears. The dissappointments over the last 30 years outweigh any positives by a large large margin. Well I'm done being dissappointed and having my Sundays ruined.  See you all when Ginny dies. 

I, obviously, understand your frustration.

But Dalton isn't their "big move" at quarterback. Now...could that move end up being catastrophically bad? Sure. We've been there, done that, no real reason to think that history won't repeat itself.

However, I'll hold on until we know exactly what's going to go down before casting judgement. 

15 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I, obviously, understand your frustration.

But Dalton isn't their "big move" at quarterback. Now...could that move end up being catastrophically bad? Sure. We've been there, done that, no real reason to think that history won't repeat itself.

However, I'll hold on until we know exactly what's going to go down before casting judgement. 

Sure they will try to trade up and draft a rookie QB. But these idiots were gift wrapped Watson and took Trubisky. That was a slam ******* dunk and they blew it. Now they will evaluate a QB properly and get it right? Naaaaaaaaw. It ain't happening.  

I don’t like Dalton at this juncture of his career, but I HAAAAAATED the Foles signing so I guess this is the thinnest of thin upgrades? If the plan is Dalton and then Jones or Lance or Fields in a draft trade up, then fine. But since Dalton is here then Foles can't be IMO.

Also, going from possibly Russell Wilson to actually Andy Dalton is like thinking you drunkenly hooked up with Kate Upton only to wake up the next day and find out it was really the corpse of Bea Arthur. 

• Like 2

Good.  Now either trade a 1st and 5th to move up to #10-#13 to get Jones or Lance and then use the rest of resources to build around the 2022 QB. Or stick with Foles/Dalton and use all the resources to build.

I don't see the latter happening. Foles is likely gone unless they can't get their guy in the draft.  There's no way they can go into the season with only Foles/Dalton and be okay with it.  

--Bears trade up to draft a QB.
--Nagy starts Dalton and Dalton does Dalton things.
--Nagy starts the rookie and goes thru growing pains.
--Bears miss the playoffs.
--Pace and Nagy are fired before seasons end.
--New GM chooses a new HC.
--HC hires his staff.   

The new GM/HC mutually agree which QB they wanna live or die by and have a ton of cap space and draft capital to use to build around him for the next 4 years while said QB is on his rookie contract.

We've never tried this approach, and I'd like to see it for once.  

Edited by JAF-N72EX

6 hours ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

What did everyone expect Russell Wilson?

Unrealistically, yes, they did.  They really thought there was a chance Carrol would actually be willing to lose a future HOF fame QB, take a 40M hit, AND be without a QB in 2021.

Bears have the most irrational fan base in the league. 

We just signed a backup QB to a 1 yr deal and paid him backup QB money. But judging by some fans reactions you would think we just signed him to a 5/50 deal with 30M gtd.