Jaguars trade for Malcom Brown; inks new deal

pwny

Urban also mentioned something about the kicking game where he said he was bringing back Rosas to compete with Lambo. I was just thinking that the Jags needed to start looking at new kickers. Clearly what I’ve gathered so far is they are willing to take the long game and build through the draft. 2 if you’re not available to play on Sunday’s on a regular bases you won’t be around. 3 the days of over paying for mediocrity and often injured players is over. Sidney is the exception do to the fact that he’s talented and cheap. I like what I’m seeing so far.

Just now, DuvalsKing said:

Urban also mentioned something about the kicking game where he said he was bringing back Rosas to compete with Lambo. I was just thinking that the Jags needed to start looking at new kickers. Clearly what I’ve gathered so far is they are willing to take the long game and build through the draft. 2 if you’re not available to play on Sunday’s on a regular bases you won’t be around. 3 the days of over paying for mediocrity and often injured players is over. Sidney is the exception do to the fact that he’s talented and cheap. I like what I’m seeing so far.

I'm not reading too much into the Rosas talk right now, seems like standard reasoning for having a 2nd kicker at this point in the offseason. Lambo had injury issues last season, Rosas was our most competent backup in a season where we fielded like 20 kickers, and the concept of "competition bringing out the best in a player" is pretty standard coach-speak. They probably just want to make sure Lambo is back to form come camp and if so Rosas is probably gone.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 3:35 PM, LinderFournette said:

Only 1 under who has a semi-shot is bryan cuz young and high draft pedigree

Yeah.  I'd be surprised if Taven wasn't given a serious chance to stick around.  Should probably be able to find a better/more natural fit in this new defensive scheme as well.  Something that can work around some of his limitations better, and try to maximize his strengths (because he does still have flashes of those too).

On 3/17/2021 at 8:05 PM, JiffyJag said:

sweet

Yeah.  That kind of value is just dandy.  Basically nothing in trade, signed to a pretty reasonable extension.  Good stuff.

On 3/17/2021 at 9:32 PM, .Buzz said:

Got a legit very good run stuffer making $11M over two years who's only 27.

Yeah...that is indeed great value. May be my favorite off-season addition so far.

Yeah.  It's certainly not a "sexy" acquisition...but it seems like a good value one, at a position group we really need a complete and massive overhaul.  Just getting some solid, competent play from Malcolm Brown, could be one of those things that has a disproportionately noticeable positive impact ripple effect.

I mean, we'll see when they actually get on the field.  But you've gotta love that they're at least making a very clear and concerted effort to address that DLine mess with this, and the other changes and additions.  Identify the problem, and change things.  How well this actually works?  Tbd.  Results pending.  But you're not going to improve the situation without making broad changes, and that seems to be what they're trying to do (within reasonable bounds of what's available to them).

• Like 1