Alshon

icebox

I know we aren't half way through the season yet, but Alshon is hardly setting the world on fire at Philly.His desire to be paid a #1 recievers wage must be in jeopardy.So my question is this, can you see Pace comming to terms with Alshon at the end of the season?

Exactly right, Alshon wanted to leave. I do wonder about MartavB though ..what would the Steelers accept for us to land him. A WR or 2 (even 3rd/4th tier) and healthy LBs could win the North for us.

How did we not even have a meeting set up w Bowman who loved playing for Fangio ??!

19 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

Exactly right, Alshon wanted to leave. I do wonder about MartavB though ..what would the Steelers accept for us to land him. A WR or 2 (even 3rd/4th tier) and healthy LBs could win the North for us.

How did we not even have a meeting set up w Bowman who loved playing for Fangio ??!

Bowman has no more juice and if he had any juice left he would still be on the 49ers

Would love for the bears to get a jump on the league and go after Martavious Bryant. 

You  never know, he could be an option again since he did only sign for 1 -year, but I don't think as long as Fox is coach.

Alshon still loves Chicago. Saw a video on his Instagram the other day of him cheering for the Cubs.

He's not having a great season so far in Philly, so maybe his value next off season will be more around where the Bears are comfortable signing him.  Should be interesting.

Also a part to consider is that he might have not trusted in Loggains' offense or maybe even Fox and whoever they were going to snag in FA at QB. At least with Wentz and Co he had a chance to increase his value. If we had Glennon and did not draft Trubisky, he would have done nothing but damage his market, literally would have no chance of success.

I'd be happy to see him return, but I still will nopt hold my breath. Pride would get in the way one way or the other.

What happens at WR will be interesting to see.

If it is all about Trubisky then I don't think you can go half way in fixing the WR group. 

While upgrading would be easy getting a WR core that will make Trubisky look like a star is different.

If you want to put Trubisky in the best position to be a star then you would have something like

Calvin Ridley (1st)
Marqise Lee
Cam Meredith
Kendall Wright
Anthony Miller (4th)
Gentry/McBride

That unit has the chance to be dominant along with Trubisky.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

If it is all about Trubisky then I don't think you can go half way in fixing the WR group. 

While upgrading would be easy getting a WR core that will make Trubisky look like a star is different.

If you want to put Trubisky in the best position to be a star then you would have something like

Calvin Ridley (1st)
Marqise Lee
Cam Meredith
Kendall Wright
Anthony Miller (4th)
Gentry/McBride

I think Calvin Ridley is good but not top 10 draft pick good. Like where you’re at though. 

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Calvin Ridley (1st)
Marqise Lee
Cam Meredith
Kendall Wright
Anthony Miller (4th)
Gentry/McBride

I don't know that Calvin Ridley is the dominant #1 WR that the Bears would be wise using a 1st round pick on.  Also, you really think Pace selects a WR in the 1st again after what happened with Kevin White?

57 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I don't know that Calvin Ridley is the dominant #1 WR that the Bears would be wise using a 1st round pick on.  Also, you really think Pace selects a WR in the 1st again after what happened with Kevin White?

You mean that a WR with literally no injury history in college suddenly can't stay healthy in the pros? That darn Pace, he really should have seen that coming! Tell me top, which completely healthy college player do you see being stricken with the injury bug in the pros?

8 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

You mean that a WR with literally no injury history in college suddenly can't stay healthy in the pros? That darn Pace, he really should have seen that coming! Tell me top, which completely healthy college player do you see being stricken with the injury bug in the pros?

It wasn't that White had a injury history. It was that Pace drafted what many of us think is a luxury position into a team with more holes than a Swiss cheese factory and drafted a guy with one year of production and a fairly raw set of WR tools.

Conventional wisdom says most WR take a year or two to acclimate to the NFL game. Draft guys that can improve Trubisky's survival chances in 2018 with the first round like another quality starting OT and then load up on your WR pick.  Better yet, get a quality FA WR and help Trubisky out of the gate in 2018. Pace should concentrate on developing Trubisky and not a couple of rookie WR for 2018. At least not WR that you expect to make Trubisky's life easier in 2018.

Archived