Alshon

icebox

On 10/20/2017 at 11:08 AM, G08 said:

I hated that Pace wasted the #7 pick on an athletic specimen that was not polished, AT ALL, as a WR. Scouts said it themselves once White got to the NFL, he might be timed as a 4.3 guy but he lacks any sense of WR savvy that he plays like a 4.6 guy. Add inconsistent hands to that and you have all the makings of a garbage pick.

I HATE him.

Revisionist history. If people want to say they thought Vic Beasley was light years better than White, fine. But Kevin White was largely considered a top ten pick in most circles. That part isn’t really up for debate.

49 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Revisionist history. If people want to say they thought Vic Beasley was light years better than White, fine. But Kevin White was largely considered a top ten pick in most circles. That part isn’t really up for debate.

In all fairness G08 was against White more than anyone else pre-draft. He and I were both high on Beasley, but I was definitely more receptive to the pick. He hated White as much as I hated Shea's pick.

I do disagree with the 4.6 comment, he got behind people several times but Glennon didn't have the balls or vision to get it to him.

The Bears clearly have a little more cooking than anyone thought.

I would trade a day 3 pick for Martavis Bryant and see what the offense can get going with a legit WR.

Worse case scenario he continues to be a head ache and he gets cut, best case scenario Trubisky gets to play 9 games with a much better WR core and the Bears can see what they have going into 2018.

18 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

I know I wanted nothing to do with him and didn't think he was worth a top 10 pick. It's not revisionist from where I am sitting.

So after 7 games Alshon has a total of 26 receptions for 354 yards and 2 TD's and is not even the top option in an offense where Carson Wentz has thrown for almost 1900 yards and 17 TD's.

Maybe Bears were on to something when they didn't bother tagging him or pursuing a long term contract with him anymore.  Safe to say he has vastly under performed in a contract year after betting on himself by taking a 1-year contract in FA last year.

I wouldn't trade for Bryant.  Its very tempting but he is going to be a free agent in 2018 why spend pick.  plus if you do get him this year and he plays well he is going to have to be paid.  where as you let him get one catch a game this year and be disgruntled his FA value will be lower. thus having a greater chance of signing. 

Archived