Ravens re-sign Derek Wolfe for 3 yrs/$12m

M.10.E

Wolfe's PFF grade is actually pretty high compared to some of our other players.

IIRC the only defensive players we had at 70 or over were: Calais, Bowser, McPhee, Yanny, Marlon, Jimmy, Madubuike, and then Wolfe.

Even guys like Chuck Clark and Marcus Peters didn't crack 70. And Patrick Queen's 29.7 would really like a word with PFF's neck beards.

Always love it when the players lash out at them 😆.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Wolfe's PFF grade is actually pretty high compared to some of our other players.

IIRC the only defensive players we had at 70 or over were: Calais, Bowser, McPhee, Yanny, Marlon, Jimmy, Madubuike, and then Wolfe.

Even guys like Chuck Clark and Marcus Peters didn't crack 70. And Patrick Queen's 29.7 would really like a word with PFF's neck beards.

Always love it when the players lash out at them 😆.

Patrick Queen's grade is literally the worst data point I have ever seen from PFF. There is ZERO chance a young, raw rookie playing THAT bad would have sniffed the field with Harbaugh in charge. Their system has quite a bad vector when classifying fast LBs with lapses in coverage.

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Patrick Queen's grade is literally the worst data point I have ever seen from PFF. There is ZERO chance a young, raw rookie playing THAT bad would have sniffed the field with Harbaugh in charge. Their system has quite a bad vector when classifying fast LBs with lapses in coverage.

My favorite was them smugly arguing with people online after the Super Bowl about how Devin White actually wasn't a top performer. After everyone watching witnessed him make play after play. His grade for the season was 43.4 too. I'm all for advanced analysis of players, but it's clear something is off with their LB grading process in particular. Too many head scratchers hanging out there that they keep trying to explain away.

• Like 1

Podcast with newly re-signed Derek Wolfe. At 6 Minutes in after Mink asks him what it's like to reunite the 'Monstars' for the 2021 season and mentions only B-Will & Calais, Wolfe goes out of his way to shower praise upon Justin Madubuike. Calls him a monster and says he has the ability to be an All-Pro football player. Also mentioning he has every physical gift to be the perfect 3T and the right mentality too, labeling him a 'Sponge' who is constantly asking for more and more information from the Vets.

No follow up question to a Vet essentially crowning our young player at the same position a future superstar, Mink just goes "Nice, that's cool"...

Rest is worth a listen too. Podcast is only worthwhile when they actually have players on. Wolfe talked about the value in having stability on the defense for 2021. Referring to Wink's complex defense and how great continuity and maturation across multiple positions will be. Said they can expand packages for the DI group that will now be totally familiar with the system(Last year we had 3 1st year players in Campbell, Wolfe, and Madubuike). Downplayed the ultimate effect of losing Yanny and Judon, doesn't view EDGE play as important to our defensive system as it is for other teams. Biggest takeaways for me were Wolfe being way more coherent than he looks 😅, and it really seeming like the Madubuike hype is only going to build from here.

Looks like they have an episode with Zeitler too, but I haven't listened yet. 

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/audio/278-derek-wolfe-joins-the-lounge

• Like 2

On 3/21/2021 at 2:49 AM, DreamKid said:

Podcast with newly re-signed Derek Wolfe. At 6 Minutes in after Mink asks him what it's like to reunite the 'Monstars' for the 2021 season and mentions only B-Will & Calais, Wolfe goes out of his way to shower praise upon Justin Madubuike. Calls him a monster and says he has the ability to be an All-Pro football player. Also mentioning he has every physical gift to be the perfect 3T and the right mentality too, labeling him a 'Sponge' who is constantly asking for more and more information from the Vets.

No follow up question to a Vet essentially crowning our young player at the same position a future superstar, Mink just goes "Nice, that's cool"...

Rest is worth a listen too. Podcast is only worthwhile when they actually have players on. Wolfe talked about the value in having stability on the defense for 2021. Referring to Wink's complex defense and how great continuity and maturation across multiple positions will be. Said they can expand packages for the DI group that will now be totally familiar with the system(Last year we had 3 1st year players in Campbell, Wolfe, and Madubuike). Downplayed the ultimate effect of losing Yanny and Judon, doesn't view EDGE play as important to our defensive system as it is for other teams. Biggest takeaways for me were Wolfe being way more coherent than he looks 😅, and it really seeming like the Madubuike hype is only going to build from here.

Looks like they have an episode with Zeitler too, but I haven't listened yet. 

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/audio/278-derek-wolfe-joins-the-lounge

Yeah I've listened to a few of those with players and coaches, but my goodness, Ryan Mink has the most infuriating/annoying laugh I've ever heard. And it doesn't help that he laughs literally every time a player says anything like he's being paid as a studio audience. 

• Like 2

On 3/23/2021 at 6:49 AM, Ray Reed said:

Yeah I've listened to a few of those with players and coaches, but my goodness, Ryan Mink has the most infuriating/annoying laugh I've ever heard. And it doesn't help that he laughs literally every time a player says anything like he's being paid as a studio audience. 

Mink is definitely very annoying. Definitely more a fan of Downing.

• Like 1