Bills Sign WR Emmanuel Sanders

Kmart128

10 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I guess my question is does he create yards of catch? I think that was the biggest knock on our wide receivers last year. They made very little plays after the catch. I think if we can improve that area I think our offense could even better. Every big play was reliant on Josh Allen. It would be nice to take the pressure of him once in a while with a guy or two that can take short plays and turn them into big plays. I am not sure if Sanders is a guy that helps improve our weaknesses.

I thought Diggs did a great job after the catch. I can see us drafting a burner/return man in the later rounds 

11 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I guess my question is does he create yards of catch? I think that was the biggest knock on our wide receivers last year. They made very little plays after the catch. I think if we can improve that area I think our offense could even better. Every big play was reliant on Josh Allen. It would be nice to take the pressure of him once in a while with a guy or two that can take short plays and turn them into big plays. I am not sure if Sanders is a guy that helps improve our weaknesses.

We had no issues with YAC both Diggs and Beasley were moving the ball after the catch. I dont expect Sanders to be the guy for this team I think he is going to be a contributor. We dont need the guy as we have that in diggs. Not really sure you can knock the receiving core as they were 3rd in the league last year. We do need a TE to improve the receiving aspect of it as Knox just has bricks for hands and will drop easy passes but the overall wr corps only knock last year was staying healthy and even then that was pretty solid. This signing is more about depth consistency and the ability to rotate the WR corps to stay fresh without being over worked. I dont see this move as a game changer coming in and being the main focal point to the offense. He is going to be a complimentary depth move. 

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

We had no issues with YAC both Diggs and Beasley were moving the ball after the catch. I dont expect Sanders to be the guy for this team I think he is going to be a contributor. We dont need the guy as we have that in diggs. Not really sure you can knock the receiving core as they were 3rd in the league last year. We do need a TE to improve the receiving aspect of it as Knox just has bricks for hands and will drop easy passes but the overall wr corps only knock last year was staying healthy and even then that was pretty solid. This signing is more about depth consistency and the ability to rotate the WR corps to stay fresh without being over worked. I dont see this move as a game changer coming in and being the main focal point to the offense. He is going to be a complimentary depth move. 

Diggs averaged 3.65 yards after catch. That's one of the lowest rates of any WR in the top 20 in yards. I just don't think Sanders adds an element to our offense that improves our weaknesses. He does make our strengths better though.  I wasn't expecting us to add a big time name, but more of a player that adds diversity to our offense and I don't think Sanders is that guy. I am not knocking the receiving core at all. I just think we need to add players that help improve our weaknesses. And 6 million for a complimentary depth move isn't ideal in my eyes. I am not sure what John Brown's cap hit was but I think I heard 8 million. If that's correct I would take the extra 2 million for Smoke over Sanders because he compliments Diggs and Beasley better.

Edited by Billsfaninptown

29 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

This offense is going to be so much fun again.

Imagine if we do land Etienne or Harris at 30...I’m certainly coming around on that the closer we get. 

Cynthia Frelund from NFL Network is getting Bills fans in the twitterverse excited about some big move as of last night and still thinks it will happen. Usually I do not buy in to this but she hinted at Sanders move and then another one before the Sanders deal came out. People think its Ertz based on his recent follow the bills on IG and the fact that the Eagles need to get under cap in which him being traded will do so. If that is the case then a RB like Etienne/Harris would be able to compete against KC offense its just a matter of how to stop them on defense with that front 4.

Edited by soflbillsfan