Rams trading DT Michael Brockers to Lions

RaidersAreOne

Just now, jrry32 said:

It's a salary dump. LA gets cap relief, and DET doesn't have to compete in FA for his services. Win-win.

Agreed.  He likely would have signed somewhere in the 5M range so he is likely still overpaid here but we get him for what likely will be the last non-comp pick in the draft in 2023.  

6 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I have to imagine it's going to be a bit of an awkward first day when he runs into Goff in the hallway/locker room after his comments on Stafford being an upgrade over [Goff]. Would love to be a fly on the wall when that happens. 

I'm sure they have talked it out (or soon will).  And Goff has to know its true or he wouldnt have been traded along with two first round picks and a third.  

• Like 3

Brockers statement regarding Jared Goff and Matthew Stafford is absolutely accurate and not in any way a slight towards Goff.  When Brockers was asked about the trade and what he thought about Matthew Stafford joining the team he replied that Matthew Stafford is a Level up on Jared Goff and what he said was meant in the context of Matthew Stafford has been in the league since 2009 and he has seen everything a defensive coordinator can throw at a quarterback and he understands more, can adjust quicker, he can manipulate defenders easier and much much more.  All of this is because of experience and age, Jared Goff is still very very young in terms of an NFL quarterback and he has yet to experience all the ups and downs, ins and outs, and struggles that a veteran like Matthew Stafford has.  Matthew Stafford is a Level up, Brockers in that same interview said that he had very high regard for his former and once again current teammate stating that in tough situations he trusted that Goff could and would rise up to the occasion.  The interview and statements made were not to throw shade at Jared Goff yet the spin the media is putting on it makes it come across as callous and rude.  Matthew Stafford is supposed to be a level up on Jared Goff and if he wasn't then there never would have been any conversation between the Lions and the Rams about a swap because if Matthew Stafford had the knowledge, discipline, ability and just overall presence at the age of 26 that he has now he would have been on par with the likes of the upper echelon quarterbacks in the league and he would be thought of much much higher around the league.  With age comes experience and with experience comes knowledge and some things can't be god given in terms of talent they have to be learned and absorbed and acquired over time and sometimes only time can grow a person.  Where will Jared Goff be when he reaches the same level of experience as Matthew Stafford?  Who knows but his trajectory based on what he has already accomplished and what he can apply to an offense is possibly ahead of where Matthew Stafford was at his age.  A level up is just that, a level up, nothing more nothing less.  Michael Brockers thinks very highly of Jared Goff and he has never stated otherwise, the media and the public crave controversy, they crave disruption and chaos to a certain degree.  If every road, highway, sidewalk and bike path were smooth and without any imperfections there would be no reason for people to complain, there would be no cause for arguments, it would be a utopia and frankly those just don't exist.  Some people have to find the negative in everything because other peoples struggles and other peoples problems brings them joy, and the media is great at this, if there isn't a story there then make one, twist something, cause disruption, lite the fire then sit back and watch it unfold.  I believe that Jared Goff is intelligent enough to see through the cut and edited comment made by Michael Brockers, and I believe that Michael Brockers is intelligent enough to know that what he said was not a slight towards his quarterback, it was not an attempt to take a shot at someone whom he trusts and whom he went to battle with week in and week out between the lines, Michael Brockers is a better leader than that, he understands fully that you don't build the reputation he has built throughout his career off of ridicule and at the misfortunes of others you build it with integrity, you build it not ont the shoulders of others but standing side by side with them.  Sorry about the rant but I am getting tired of hearing this everywhere, I am tired of seeing this on every news outlet from NFL network to ESPN.  In a day and age of such division you would think that the majority of people would try to bridge the gap, find the common ground, report on stories that bring unity, be the voice that inspires and binds us together as people, as humans, instead we still have the media attempting to spin it so they can have a story at the expense of other peoples lives.  The media should be the driving force for unity because they have the ability to reach the masses, instead they still find a way to drive the wedge.  Together we make the change, but divided we fuel the fire. 

9 hours ago, MrLionzz said:

Brockers statement regarding Jared Goff and Matthew Stafford is absolutely accurate and not in any way a slight towards Goff.  When Brockers was asked about the trade and what he thought about Matthew Stafford joining the team he replied that Matthew Stafford is a Level up on Jared Goff and what he said was meant in the context of Matthew Stafford has been in the league since 2009 and he has seen everything a defensive coordinator can throw at a quarterback and he understands more, can adjust quicker, he can manipulate defenders easier and much much more.  All of this is because of experience and age, Jared Goff is still very very young in terms of an NFL quarterback and he has yet to experience all the ups and downs, ins and outs, and struggles that a veteran like Matthew Stafford has.  Matthew Stafford is a Level up, Brockers in that same interview said that he had very high regard for his former and once again current teammate stating that in tough situations he trusted that Goff could and would rise up to the occasion.  The interview and statements made were not to throw shade at Jared Goff yet the spin the media is putting on it makes it come across as callous and rude.  Matthew Stafford is supposed to be a level up on Jared Goff and if he wasn't then there never would have been any conversation between the Lions and the Rams about a swap because if Matthew Stafford had the knowledge, discipline, ability and just overall presence at the age of 26 that he has now he would have been on par with the likes of the upper echelon quarterbacks in the league and he would be thought of much much higher around the league.  With age comes experience and with experience comes knowledge and some things can't be god given in terms of talent they have to be learned and absorbed and acquired over time and sometimes only time can grow a person.  Where will Jared Goff be when he reaches the same level of experience as Matthew Stafford?  Who knows but his trajectory based on what he has already accomplished and what he can apply to an offense is possibly ahead of where Matthew Stafford was at his age.  A level up is just that, a level up, nothing more nothing less.  Michael Brockers thinks very highly of Jared Goff and he has never stated otherwise, the media and the public crave controversy, they crave disruption and chaos to a certain degree.  If every road, highway, sidewalk and bike path were smooth and without any imperfections there would be no reason for people to complain, there would be no cause for arguments, it would be a utopia and frankly those just don't exist.  Some people have to find the negative in everything because other peoples struggles and other peoples problems brings them joy, and the media is great at this, if there isn't a story there then make one, twist something, cause disruption, lite the fire then sit back and watch it unfold.  I believe that Jared Goff is intelligent enough to see through the cut and edited comment made by Michael Brockers, and I believe that Michael Brockers is intelligent enough to know that what he said was not a slight towards his quarterback, it was not an attempt to take a shot at someone whom he trusts and whom he went to battle with week in and week out between the lines, Michael Brockers is a better leader than that, he understands fully that you don't build the reputation he has built throughout his career off of ridicule and at the misfortunes of others you build it with integrity, you build it not ont the shoulders of others but standing side by side with them.  Sorry about the rant but I am getting tired of hearing this everywhere, I am tired of seeing this on every news outlet from NFL network to ESPN.  In a day and age of such division you would think that the majority of people would try to bridge the gap, find the common ground, report on stories that bring unity, be the voice that inspires and binds us together as people, as humans, instead we still have the media attempting to spin it so they can have a story at the expense of other peoples lives.  The media should be the driving force for unity because they have the ability to reach the masses, instead they still find a way to drive the wedge.  Together we make the change, but divided we fuel the fire. 

Egad

I saw that our top 3 DTs had combine 2 sacks last year, Brockers had 5.  The top 3 had the same number of QB hurries combined as Brockers had on his own.  Definitely a step up from what we have had.  To be fair, he had Donald next to him so it was probably easier, but still seems to be the more talented pass rusher.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I saw that our top 3 DTs had combine 2 sacks last year, Brockers had 5.  The top 3 had the same number of QB hurries combined as Brockers had on his own.  Definitely a step up from what we have had.  To be fair, he had Donald next to him so it was probably easier, but still seems to be the more talented pass rusher.  

When I watched some videos it looked like he took the double team from the 3-tech A TON!! so who knows what we caan do with him now Okwarrior Bros and Flowers. Maybe Hand has his best year??

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

When I watched some videos it looked like he took the double team from the 3-tech A TON!! so who knows what we caan do with him now Okwarrior Bros and Flowers. Maybe Hand has his best year??

I can see us trading down and then taking someone like Barmore in the middle of the 1st to address that position and bolster the middle.