Rams trading DT Michael Brockers to Lions for 2023 7th round pick

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

This sucks imo since we're not going to get a decent pick for him. 

Better than cutting him I guess. But i agree.. it’s going to be like a 6 lol 

seems they wanted him to restructure but they couldn’t come to terms. 

Edited by MDY10

Sad to see him go. He will retire a Ram one day when the time comes. 

This is very interesting though. We likely get little compensation back as this is a cap dump of roughly $6.5M. The interesting part is that with all of the restructures yesterday, we were under the cap; this was done with some motivation behind it. Possibly for someone that they didn't expect to be available. 

After announcing Stafford/Goff trade today, I expect them to work on his extension and with Brockers new wiggle room we could be active in FA. Eyes on Rodney Hudson, Adoree Jackson, Clowney, or a Zach Ertz trade. 

Adding background in savings "By trading Brockers, the Rams do save more than they would have if they outright cut him. They’ll clear $6.17 million in cap space, which includes $3.67 million in dead money this year."

Edited by BStanRamFan

22 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

I’m going to miss him, but it’s time. The question is, who will be taking his spot? 

SJD really took a huge leap last year. And A'Shawn Robinson will now be a full time starter with an entire camp under his belt. Brockers was a great locker room guy though, that can't be replaced. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

So we're giving away guys on the DL while the Niners who already manhandled our front 7 the last 2 years are getting better up front. Sure hope Floyd is worth his money although he was not a factor in either game vs them last year. 

Luckily next year they'll probably be starting a rookie QB at some point and we'll be averaging 30PPG on Offense 😉