Trent Williams staying with 49ers

teude

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Going to be a lot of fluff there. The 6th year is there for possible restructure purposes down the line and with no guaranteed or dead money, is otherwise inconsequential. 

My guess is that this deal is actually more along the lines of 3 years, 60 million cap hit + 12 dead in year 4 / 3 years & 72M cash. The 4th year is likely a toss up on whether he's kept at that juncture. If he makes it through year 4, I wouldn't be surprised if it's like 4 years, 84 cap / 90 cash. That would put him at about 21m/ season on cap and 22.5 / cash. That basically puts him a little below Bakh and maybe a little over Tunsil. 

He's one of the top LT, no doubt. But specifically for the Chiefs, we need to get less top heavy in contracts.

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

He's one of the top LT, no doubt. But specifically for the Chiefs, we need to get less top heavy in contracts.

That's the bad thing about the niners...that's where we are at right now with Jimmy G as our QB lol. Time to reset that, draft a new guy (since Bosa will need a new deal after this year). 

I'm just hoping Trent stays healthy. Those guys can certainly play well to age 36/37, decent sample of that...but if they break down, they break down right around now. 

17 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

He had the 49ers by the balls. Awful contract for a man his age 

Its a three year deal for a guy who is still playing at an all pro comparable level. Not really concerned. It's all about health. Not concerned about hte age factor 

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

Going to be a lot of fluff there. The 6th year is there for possible restructure purposes down the line and with no guaranteed or dead money, is otherwise inconsequential. 

My guess is that this deal is actually more along the lines of 3 years, 60 million cap hit + 12 dead in year 4 / 3 years & 72M cash. The 4th year is likely a toss up on whether he's kept at that juncture. If he makes it through year 4, I wouldn't be surprised if it's like 4 years, 84 cap / 90 cash. That would put him at about 21m/ season on cap and 22.5 / cash. That basically puts him a little below Bakh and maybe a little over Tunsil. 

Oprah GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GW21 said:

So what I’m seeing is Paraag Marathe did it again? Another beautiful contract and one that in 3 seasons time can probably be restructured to lower his cap hit but give him more guaranteed money, or just cut altogether if his play falls off a cliff. Mean while his cap hit for the next two year is under $10 mil for 2021 and under $15 mil for 2022. 

• Like 1