49ers Re-Sign Trent Williams to a 6 Year 138M Deal

J-ALL-DAY

7 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I had no clue about the whole silverback gorilla thing he's got going on. It's like his mantra or something.

He certainly plays like one. So happy we could bring him back.

8 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I had no clue about the whole silverback gorilla thing he's got going on. It's like his mantra or something.

Yeah, I've heard them call him that but didn't know his entire back was dedicated to the Silverback theme LOL. Pretty amazing. 

5 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Damn, I"m kind of good

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

Going to be a lot of fluff there. The 6th year is there for possible restructure purposes down the line and with no guaranteed or dead money, is otherwise inconsequential. 

My guess is that this deal is actually more along the lines of 3 years, 60 million cap hit + 12 dead in year 4 / 3 years & 72M cash. The 4th year is likely a toss up on whether he's kept at that juncture. If he makes it through year 4, I wouldn't be surprised if it's like 4 years, 84 cap / 90 cash. That would put him at about 21m/ season on cap and 22.5 / cash. That basically puts him a little below Bakh and maybe a little over Tunsil. 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's hard to believe how good of a deal that is for us. His cap hit will be a little over 8m this year, and around 14m next year? The salary cap will be getting much either by 2023, then we can re-evaluate what he brings to us. This is ridiculously good for us.

• Like 2