Jump to content

49ers Re-Sign Trent Williams to a 6 Year 138M Deal


Recommended Posts

Williams definitely has a lot of respect for Shanahan. Maybe he was using the Chiefs as leverage but he gave Shanahan first right to refusal on any deal he was offered. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw, Williams referenced PFF's grades when talking about Whitworth being in the top 5-6 almost every season. I wonder if they use the grades as negotiation leverage? Like Trent was telling them I was the highest graded tackle in the league last season, I deserve to be paid the most because of this!! Lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Btw, Williams referenced PFF's grades when talking about Whitworth being in the top 5-6 almost every season. I wonder if they use the grades as negotiation leverage? Like Trent was telling them I was the highest graded tackle in the league last season, I deserve to be paid the most because of this!! Lol. 

If it works if your favor I think you'd be stupid not to. I'm sure FOs would use negative PFF grades if it was going the other way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

If it works if your favor I think you'd be stupid not to. I'm sure FOs would use negative PFF grades if it was going the other way. 

And what if Shanahan says the hell does PFF know?? In our grading system you ranked____ lol. 

It was just interesting to see him mention that. Sherman heavily promotes the PFF grades but he also is on the podcast with PFF's owner. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And what if Shanahan says the hell does PFF know?? In our grading system you ranked____ lol. 

It was just interesting to see him mention that. Sherman heavily promotes the PFF grades but he also is on the podcast with PFF's owner. 

I shared this is in the Random Thread earlier this week: 

TL;DR - PFF guesses A LOT apparently and is unapologetic about it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...