Raiders sign WR John Brown

Brown has been pretty productive over a few years hasn't he? I quite like this signing as it's a veteran who offers some deep threat and I really liked him at Arizona, albeit that was a few years ago. We're not expecting him to be a high volume target I don't think so it has the potential to work out well.

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Woo woo 1k yds guaranteed! Superb redzone threat. 

Maybe we can grab Tommylee Lewis and trade Gabe to Cleveland for Jojo Natson.

Fly routes all day long, baby!

Lol you wouldve  probably said this if we signed Agholor also hahaha

Edited by Jeremy408
1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

Brown has been pretty productive over a few years hasn't he? I quite like this signing as it's a veteran who offers some deep threat and I really liked him at Arizona, albeit that was a few years ago. We're not expecting him to be a high volume target I don't think so it has the potential to work out well.

Yes he has 2 1000 yds seasons, the last one being in 2019. He missed time last year so his production went down.

6 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

In theory he is agholor with better hands but with durability issues

8 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

He's not bad at all. Was on pace for 2 straight 1k seasons most likely, 3 straight over 700 yds. 

My only issue with him is his size and injury history. 

Unless we hired Graham Harrell or Mike Leach, he's just another undersized deep threat we won't utilize properly. 

For all of the reasons people didn't want John Ross, Brown is basically a smaller, older, more expensive, more dinged up, but a bit more productive John Ross. 

17 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Woo woo 1k yds guaranteed! Superb redzone threat. 

Maybe we can grab Tommylee Lewis and trade Gabe to Cleveland for Jojo Natson.

Fly routes all day long, baby!

Haha no Oline and small speed guys who can stretch the field.  What can go wrong there?  LOL

• Like 2

I do not know if any of you paid attention to the Bills last year but I did and Brown sucked.  Maybe we catch lightning in a bottle 2 years in a row but based of last year I would not rely on him to be a starting WR.  He should be a WR 4 and is over paid.  He is the type of WR we could have waited on and got close to vet minimum in a couple weeks.  Bad signing for me.