Raiders sign WR John Brown

oakdb36

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not know if any of you paid attention to the Bills last year but I did and Brown sucked.  Maybe we catch lightning in a bottle 2 years in a row but based of last year I would not rely on him to be a starting WR.  He should be a WR 4 and is over paid.  He is the type of WR we could have waited on and got close to vet minimum in a couple weeks.  Bad signing for me.

I mean in the 9 games that he played(because of injuries) in last year he had at least 70 yards in 5 of those games and in 3 of those games he had a td. Not world beater stats but also not getting paid 13M. Ian’s he’s  recently actually have 1000 yards season.

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I mean in the 9 games that he played(because of injuries) in last year he had at least 70 yards in 5 of those games and in 3 of those games he had a td. Not world beater stats but also not getting paid 13M. Ian’s he’s  recently actually have 1000 yards season.

He is definitly a better value than signing Agholor but Agholor played at a starters level last year.  John Brown is a WR 4.  If you watch him last year something is off.  He could not handle the throws from Allen either.  If he gets back to where he was 2 years ago it is a steal but after last year we should have waited and signed him for less.  Gruden trying to prove he is the smartest guy in the room.  I would have given him a contract at the vet minimum with more incentives.  Not the type of deal I like to see on day 3.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

For anybody who cares about film and/or only thinks he’s a deep threat look at how many intermediate routes he runs. 

9minutes of short to intermediate routes and everyone is acting like he’s just a small fast guy lol

We all wanted a flier on a low cost WR who can catch lightning in a bottle, similar to what Agholor did last year. This is it, Browns even had better production throughout his career. I like it, mad speed and playmaking ability. I’m crossing WR off my list. 

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Brown sucked last year?? I wouldn’t say that. When he was on the field he put up decent stats

And remember he’s had 1000 yards before including recently. Agholor I’ve been till last year was considered a bust by many and with us how does best season which was 42 catches for 890 yards. Let’s not pretend like replacing a superstar just because he was paid like one. 

9 minutes ago, Geezy said:

9minutes of short to intermediate routes and everyone is acting like he’s just a small fast guy lol

We all wanted a flier on a low cost WR who can catch lightning in a bottle, similar to what Agholor did last year. This is it, Browns even had better production throughout his career. I like it, mad speed and playmaking ability. I’m crossing WR off my list. 

It’s simple everyone skips the film and default to narratives. I want to see what people would’ve said if we had re-signed Agholor. We would’ve been saying “should’ve signed Juju!” hahaha.

Edited by Jeremy408

59 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

For anybody who cares about film and/or only thinks he’s a deep threat look at how many intermediate routes he runs. 

That was interesting, I hadn't seen much of him since his Arizona days if I'm honest but his routes didn't look too shabby either. I really liked him in Arizona and hope he still has a little left to be a complimentary piece. 

solid #2. Better player than Tyrelle Williams who was paid over 10m, same speed as Nellie. Nellie might be a little better, but they are on the same tier. this move is great value!  I wanted JuJu or Curtis Samuel but that would have been expensive, this move also allows Ruggs and Edwards to grow. 

To me with this move we are still counting on 2 2nd year players to be our starters.  Last year our top 4 WRs (Ruggs, Edwards, Renfrow, and Brown) combined for 1759 yards receiving, it looks like we will have 4 new O-line starters, combined with a run game that ranked around 20th in yards per carry.  This is suppose to be the strength of our team and it is clearly taking a step back.